Shooting pilots through the cockpit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting pilots through the cockpit?

When I'm sniper I see an enemy get into the jet so I shoot him through the window and nothing happens so I do it again and still nothing happens. I tried it at even closer range and still nothing. I'm not a bad sniper btw.

Are you actually able to snipe or shoot through cockpit windows?

You need the unlockable sniper rifle

If you've been using it, then you've been missing the whole time.

Q

Comment

Either I'm a terrible shot or its not possible. I blast away at the pilot/gunner of a Cobra/Z10/Mi-28 with an M95 and nothing happens.....but then I am not as great a sniper as some other players
      Somehow I got killed in the gunner seat of a cobra when someone used the GP30 and blasted me...pilot and the copter survived though.

PS: Watch out for BF110 when he gets into an attack chopper......

Comment

hmm you should be able 2 kill him.... maybe you just got unlucky.... alot

Comment

You can shoot people out of planes. It's rare, but it's doable. I've shot other pilots out of their planes with my guns from a distance, and I was directly behind them, thought I was shooting their engines, but somehow I killed the pilot and the planes still flying off intact, not even smoking.

Comment

use m95...and aim for the head!

Comment

Its possible i did it yesterday shot the pilot out of the heli in one when it was hovering to take a flag (with the m95)

Comment

I've been shot while piloting a helo, M95 does do it !

Comment

Originally posted by TechniK
                  Are you actually able to snipe or shoot through cockpit windows?
                  Yes you can.

Comment

Yep, I have the M95 and have tagged people through cockpit glass. Makes for a nice feeling when you see the Blackhawk slowly drifting to mother Earth and all her passengers have no clue what's going on...you only get credited with the pilot kill though, which is lame IMO. If you made the chopper crash, any kills of people still in it when it crashes should also be credited to you.

I actually like the M95 shot through buggies better though. Nothing like having one of those things bearing down on you and you get that one shot...
                    You killed =HRKs=JackassMcSpawnRape

Comment

That is rather lame. If you cause a tank to blow up, you get credited with all the kills. Sounds like (yet another) something for the next patch version. I'm beginning to agree more and more with that Tom's Hardware article regarding BF2... the game testers, assuming they exist, were either fanboys who wouldn't say anything bad about the game or were asleep at their posts.

Anyway, I take it then that if you shoot a pilot that somebody else in the aircraft doesn't assume control of it? Is the m95 an unlockable gun? Because I've attempted plenty of times with the USMC sniper rifle and have never managed to take down an aircraft.

Comment

M95 is the unlockable yeah, and no one takes control of the chopper...they just crash 'n' burn

Comment

Sweet. I just reverted to version 1.00 so I think I'll spend the next couple hours on Dalian Plant practicing shooting down choppers.

Comment

Originally posted by ZapStarfighter
                            M95 is the unlockable yeah, and no one takes control of the chopper...they just crash 'n' burn
                            You shot a heli pilot and it crashed? Did the heli have anyone else on board? The reason I ask is because I took out the mi8 once while it was hovering over a flag. It had a pilot and the gunner but I took out the pilot. I thought it would dive into the ground but it started spinning in circles then gained a bunch of altitude before I guess the gunner figured out the pilot was dead and took control.

Comment

I love to get on to a carrier and shoot the helo whores. But it is fun to see them just get POed. Some time they never even look for me (good) games, but most of the time they figure it out fast and come to knife me (at least I can get minimum of 3 kills )

Comment

Working...
                              X