How to use the MP5 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use the MP5 ?

what's the best way of firing this gun in general? I find that it is very effective close range, but mid to long range it just doesn't have the accuracy, I even have trouble hitting when I put it into one round burst fire.

Any ideas?

when aiming long range.....use your guided at missles. mp5 + long range = u get owned.

Comment

I think not using it at long range is the only option.

I mean with one round mode, you can hit distance targets, but the stopping power is limited and chances of a kill are low. The pistol is more effective at range than the MP5.

This is just my opinion from my experiences, I'm sure someone may come along and tell you differently in a while.

Comment

dont use it. Pistol > SMG ... DAO-12 > Pistol > SMG

Comment

In vanilla bf2, i seriously think the pistol is better than the mp5. the mp5 is litterally a 30 shot full auto paintball gun, with worse accuracy than a paintball gun...

i would say throw it at your opponet, but just try to sneak up on people with it, even then, after 3 rounds , they can turn around and still kill you. just stick in a squad and don't waste your ammo...

Comment

Missile for long range
            Pistol for medium range
            DAO for short range

Forget about the POS SMGs. Play the class well using cover etc, and you can soon turn medium range into short range.

Comment

Exactly. If you're an AT guy, unlock the DAO-12. I've killed a few guys with the MP5... but mostly I wondered if I was doing anything at all.

Comment

When I'm AT...

Long range: Rocket.
                Medium range: Quikly unload my SMG clip, then switch to rocket to finish him off, or if I feel hes too close I finish him off with pistol, the point is to do as much dammage as possible without wasting time and receiving harmful hits on reloading. So just unload everything (all your equipment) to get him to die.
                Short range: SMG, once I run out of ammo for that, pistol, then rocket.

Comment

The secret to the anti-tank class I find is to try and not fight any infantry at range. Even if you do hit it will take a lot of hits to kill and if the player you are after is assault you will be dead by then most times.

If I see infantry at distance I spot them so if there are any team mates near by they can fight them for me If they have seen you and are hunting you down just try and make sure they don't get a clear view at you until they are as close as possible and within the MP5's range.

Sometimes the worst thing you can do is fire at a target at range as you would be surprised just how often players don't see you and firing with the MP5 at ranged targets just lets them know where you are.

A good way to think of the AT class is to play it like you are a sniper but a sniper of vehicles.

Comment

i was being antitank at karkand for awile and i noticed that at CQC this gun is not that bad..... just dont stop firing... and hope you dont get hit..

Comment

yeah the MP5 isn't great althoi would say if its very close up its good in that you can fire it accurately without the need to bring up your sights and it does fire a lot of round very quickly even if they aren't that powerful.

Comment

Working...
                      X