Still cant play, any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still cant play, any suggestions?

I still cant play and when I start the game, it does the same thing. I even tried the suggestion of using 'DriverCleaner' to clean my Graphics card's drivers up, but it still wont work. WTF was EA thinking. I just installed this on my laptop which has 3.4GHZ P4, ATIRadeon 256MB. It works OK, so I wonder if I am seeing a trend with NVIDIA GPUs.
    Originally posted by masterdisaster
    i just went and bought an original copy of bf2 and i installed it and installed new drivers and stuff, then i click play and it goes to like a black screen and sorta flashes for a sec then goes back to windows and doesnt even start up.

somone please help i just wanna play
    My system is as follows: (this is my desktop PC that BF2 wont work on)
    Your System Results Game Requirements

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) Pass Windows XP

System Memory 1023.7 Pass 512.0

Processor Speed 2800.3 Pass 1700 Mhz (1.7 GHz)

DirectX Version 9.0c Pass 9.0c

Display Device NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 Unknown Compatibility

Display Memory 256.0 Pass 128.0

Display Driver 6.14.10.7777 Unknown Compatibility

Sound Device SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [B800] Pass

Sound Driver 5.12.01.0441-1.84.0010 Unknown Compatibility

Did you install new drivers after the game? Try reinstalling the game now and try deleting the shader cache from your My Documents\Battlefield 2 folder. Probably not going to be that but it's worth a try.

Comment

I have done all sorts of combinations, to include loading the game on a different partition even. All of my drivers are updated.

Comment

Check and see what other programs are running in the background. I found that if I reboot right before playing, the game starts every time. If I have the comp on a couple hours before and don't reboot, the game crashes to desktop when it starts.

Comment

I have shut down numerous tasks, as recommended in the manual. I have rebooted, defragmented my hard drive, updated drivers, rolled back drivers, patched BF2, didnt patch BF2, I have used drivercleaner, all but contacted EA support, which is next.

Comment

Working...
          X