What's the best MOD out there now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best MOD out there now?

Who has the best and most popular mod out there right now? Im looking for a change in Bf2 other than what the morons at EA released. Looking for a good mod to the game. Like Desert Combat was to 1942. What's the best mod and where can I find it?

Does anyone else get annoyed when people spell 'mod' in capitals, as if it's supposed to stand for something? That's always annoyed me.

Comment

no. I get annoyed when people that I haven't seen in months call and ask me to work on their car.

curious about this myself. most mods I see are sh!t.

Comment

MOD = Ministry of Defence

Comment

Magnetic Optical Disc
          Manager On Duty
          Massachusetts Office on Disability
          Maximum Overall Diameter
          MARS Operating Directive

Acronym Finder is the largest and most trusted database of over 4 million acronyms and abbreviations. What does an abbreviation stands for? The answer is here

Comment

Who gives a damn about what MOD stands for?

Comment

The point is it doesnt stand for anything. It's not supposed to be in capitals.

Comment

Most of the good mods are in development still (IMO). Of course, good depends on your definition. We're working on one for Operation Iraqi Freedom to include a dozen new weapons / vehs and maps... =)

People also say project reality is good, BFE was recently closed (today)... so on and so forth.

Comment

PRMM is easily the best mod out currently.

but its only in minimod stage and has some cosmetic issues, the change in gameplay is nothing short of amazing.

Comment

the mercenaries mod is pretty sweet, gives weapons a lot more damage and also a nice little blood patch. overall, its pretty sweet, just havent found any servers with it yet.

Comment

forgotten hope for bf42 beats bf2 vanilla as well as any bf2 mod, for me at least. and yea, im a fanboy

Comment

My .02

The two mods that I enjoy from previous versions of Battlefield have been Point of Existence (Modern & prototype weapons) and Forgotton Hope (World War II).

Of course I might give a biased answer since I'm on the POE development team, but my son and I play CoOp versions of the majority of the mods in the battlefield series and enjoy the above two. If you want another WWII type mod, try Battlegroup 42 also once it comes out. For the type of mods that create their own models/skins/coding - they are all in development right now and might be a little while before their first initial release is provided to the public since the tools haven't been out for much.

~Hathcock

Comment

No one has released a real mod yet, so it is impossible to say what the "best" will be (although saying one mod is better than another is fairly annoying for a few reasons).

Comment

Originally posted by Dr-X
                            The point is it doesnt stand for anything. It's not supposed to be in capitals.
                            It's short for modification.

Comment

lol^

wait for the good ones.... in time a good one will come and set the standard. mind you most of these mods are promising to change alot more then skins... it's gonna take a while for some of the more intricate mods to surface.

Comment

Working...
                              X