Rank your favorite non-city maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank your favorite non-city maps

Just interested to see what others like playing. Don't include Mashtuur, Sharqi, or Karkand in your lists:

1. FuShe Pass - Absolutely love this map. Always a good firefight going on someplace, and you can play armor without fear of instant-death from helos. Also, target-friendly environments if you get the helicopter urge, but lots of stingers, AA, and AT kits make you have to be careful.

2. Daqing Oilfields - Just a well set-up map. Action is always intense in the middle base, but lots of buggies leave quick assaults on other bases an option. 2 aircraft and both helos make it fun to get your aviation fix.

3. Zatar Wetlands - Like this map too. Seems to be some intense action going on somewhere at all times, and only 1 attack helo makes driving tanks more of an option. For the lucky two people that get the attack helo, you will own the map, unless enemy fighter is out to get you. A bit too much tank-warring, but in the interior of bases, infantry combat is still possible.

4. Dalian Plant - Starting to get into maps I don't enjoy playing often, but will play occasionally. Wish there was only 1 attack helo per side, having 2 makes traveling by APC or Tank a deathwish. Seems to never be an intense fight going on, rather seems to turn into a bunch of lone-wolves all over the map duking it out while people sit on runways waiting for helos to spawn.

5. Dragon Valley - Sometimes love it, sometimes hate it. Great fun defending the north Chinese spawn against the USMC onslaught. Once the north base falls, there never seems to be a central firefight place though, and it seems like it becomes tough to get some good action as infantry.

6. Clean Sweep - I like this map alot more as USMC than as MEC. Used to hate it, but now me and my squad just hop in jeeps and roll into the nearest enemy base guns blazing. Pretty entertaining all in all.

7. Oman - This map is either fun or painful. USMC players have a tendency to camp on the deck of the Essex waiting for attack helos. Tough to play infantry here since you're sitting ducks for any armored vehicles or snipers, which seem to abound here. Seems to lack a centralized, constant firefight, instead having brief intense skirmishes all over the map.

8 Kubra - Not a bad map, just misunderstood. Gets tiresome after awhile, but it can be fun at times to play anti-tank or man the attack helo.

9. Songhua Stalemate - I absolutely detest this map. The narrow passages surrounded by water always makes it tough to maneuver. I always seem to fall into the water and can never get out until I am found and shot. Then, you have bases at the tops of mountains which take FOREVER to drive uphill to, unless you have a transport helo. But, odds are, your transport helo is being manned by whores that are orbiting the map. This is the only map that I have decided to quit playing entirely, and when it comes in the rotation, its time to move to the other server.

I like Daqing, it's an all out vehicle map.

Fushe is DIFFCULT TO MANUVER. I am an awesome driver for all, but the terrain gets in my way.

Dragon valley would be great if there is NO TRANSPORT HELOS.

oman is probably the best, I love the multiple layers of action, ground, tank, air, whatever your rule is, you won't be left out.

songhua and dam are wasted potentials. they have really pretty terrain (i really thought that those two were the most promising maps in previews), and CQB in that dam would have been so great, but dam is too big, songhua is too small, and again, transport helo killed it.

Comment

lol. I would have ranked them the same exact way.

Comment

I think my favorite non-city map is Dallian Plant

Comment

I like Kubra Dam. I can't believe that like nobody likes it. EA expected it to be one of the most popular if not the most popular map. Why, because they didn't think there would be that many stat whores and bunnyhoppers with 203s. I play 16 player Kubra Dam all the time, and it's really fun. Lots of destroyable architecture, i love destroying all the bridges around the spawn point in the middle. It is kinda annoying going up all those ladders and stairs to get back up though. BUt long range sniping is great if you know how to do it. I'm usually Spec Ops using the M4 carbine and sniping everybody as well. I don't get what's so good about karkand, because it's a urban map, becuase it's easy to bunny hop and noob tube people, or just stat whores. I still don't get why Kubra Dam is like the least popular map.

Comment

Gulf of Oman. Something for everyone in this map, and enough AA to piss off pilots whores

Songhua stalemate. I'm big on engineer in this fogbound map.

Daqing Oilfields. Another good map for defenders

Comment

Ranked from Most Favorite to Least Favorite:

Daqing Oilfields
              Gulf of Oman
              Dalian Plant
              Dragon Valley
              Zatar Wetlands
              FuShe Pass
              Songhua Stalemate
              Kubra Dam
              Operation Clean Sweep

Comment

[QUOTE=BobStoopsHatesJesus]Just interested to see what others like playing. Don't include Mashtuur, Sharqi, or Karkand in your lists:

1. FuShe Pass - hated this map at first, very confusing, but i think its pretty good now. still can be a hassle to get around. Love the atmosphere

2. Daqing Oilfields - Hate this map alot. Planes are hard to use (for bombing) because there are so many buildings. The dark cloudy atmosphere is a turnoff

3. Zatar Wetlands - Absolutely love this map. Hated it at first, but it is probably one of if not the best vehicle map

4. Dalian Plant - Same problem as Daqing with the buildings and planes, I just find this a very bland map. Its ok

5. Dragon Valley - One of my favorites. Node setup is amazing as is the atmosphere

6. Clean Sweep - Love this map as well. The only map I will bomb on. Fun as hell on foot as well

7. Oman - I hate this map, dont know why

8 Kubra - Worst map in the game. Extremely confusing and matches are extremely long. The vertical aspect, while original, is just very cumbersome to make your way around. Graphically, it is problably the most stunning map, but it has to be the worst map to play on

9. Songhua Stalemate - Love this map. One of my favorites. I like the marshland and vietnam atmosphere. very fun

Comment

Zatar and Stonghua are my two non-urban favorites: Zatar has wide open spaces which is great for some off-road buggy rides and Stonghua is just great for apc battles.

Comment

i like oman the best, i donk know y i just do

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur69
                      Just interested to see what others like playing. Don't include Mashtuur, Sharqi, or Karkand in your lists:

1. FuShe Pass - hated this map at first, very confusing, but i think its pretty good now. still can be a hassle to get around. Love the atmosphere
                      I used to think so, but now that I know the map and the roads like the back of my hand, with one of those dune-buggies, its really quick to get anywhere you'd ever want to be. I really like charging over the mountain in a buggie into that SW base, its like a 150 meter drop off a cliff face. Always makes me laugh when the buggie only takes half damage, but if I walked down that mountain, I would be dead several times over from falling damage.

I played Kubra some more last night, and now that I'm becoming more familiar with the map, I'm starting to enjoy it more. But EA needs to do something about vehicles getting bogged down on steep grades. If an APC stops moving for some reason, it seems IMPOSSIBLE to get to the top again, you're better off getting out and walking.

Comment

I kinda like em all, except for shongua. Most prefered are Sharqi, Dalian and Gulf.

....oh and Dragon Valley....

...oh and don't forget Kubra....

...hmz might aswell add Daqing Oilfields

that's it ...me thinks

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer
                          Ranked from Most Favorite to Least Favorite:

Daqing Oilfields
                          Gulf of Oman
                          Dalian Plant
                          Dragon Valley
                          Zatar Wetlands
                          FuShe Pass
                          Songhua Stalemate
                          Kubra Dam
                          Operation Clean Sweep
                          Yep, same here

Comment

My favorite level was gulf of oman back in the beginning when teamplay was gospel but i dont like it anymore since everyone has developed their whoring tactics

Comment

Oh in addition to my comments. I prefer a map with at least 2 uncappable flags. Like gulf of Oman and Dalian Plant. Cus that makes the map biased, each team wil lhave the chance to win. And not lose a map that fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X