a few quick questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few quick questions

ok im making a map and a few questions have popped up.

a) i know there was a thread on here about this but i cant find it now, my textures in the distance look like checkerboard.could someone give me the link or just the answer to my problem?

b) how do i create a sky thats dark,like operation clean sweep, maybe a little more dark?

c) what file do i go in to mod the viewdistance on my custom map?

thanks in advance

a) I think you need to generate low detail textures, but I'm not sure.

terrain edit -> textures tool -> look in right-hand tab, select the low detail texture and generate lowdetail texture map

b) light/sky options, I guess. try opening up Cleensweep's sky.con to see what's done in there.

c) not sure about this.

Comment

ok another one is my map has a large forest with a ton of trees and then theres a city as well. will all these objects make the game run slow? also i manually placed all the trees...can i just paint them on with the overgrowth tool? if so can someone explain how to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by cbm487
        ok another one is my map has a large forest with a ton of trees and then theres a city as well. will all these objects make the game run slow? also i manually placed all the trees...can i just paint them on with the overgrowth tool? if so can someone explain how to use it.
        Mine has a faie few buildings and forest areas and it does lag abit, so yeh it does...

overgrowth:
        select overgrowth at the top
        1. Right click material and name it
        2. Right click on the material you added to add a 'type'
        3. select the 'type' you added and pick the geometry (which is the tree or whatever')
        4. change the other settings as you desire
        5. paint on the overgrowth

note: repeat steps 2-4 as many times are you wish to make the things you paint on vary
        note#2: its best to go to "render -> overgrowth mode" and "render -> toggle draw overgrowth" to see what you are doing

Comment

thanks so instead of planting tons of trees i can jsut paint them on...cool will this cut down on lag?

Comment

Working...
          X