• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• map downloads + custom map servers

Updated: 08-23-05

well, here we go

current maps running on our custom map server:

BF-News Boot Camp 195.13.63.40:16567 hlsw

location is germany, so all european players should have a moderate ping while playing

thated br great if i could read any of that

Comment

i cant read german. i kinda understand of cause of FH and Xww2

Comment

Thank King, now only if we could find a way so when you are connecting to the server you are downloading the current map.

Comment

i hope someone is going to hack us a "if you read this: download the files here if you cant connect to the server" message for the ingame browser that would be a start in the right direction. called the "Custom Map Message" Window! O.o

Comment

Originally posted by king0rism
            i hope someone is going to hack us a "if you read this: download the files here if you cant connect to the server" message for the ingame browser that would be a start in the right direction. called the "Custom Map Message" Window! O.o
            When you don't have the map on the server you don't get to see the loading screen.

I can only hope that someone can make a mod that will let you download a map from a server.

Comment

what i mean is.. you see the server in your browser it is marked as red, because you dont have the map running on it... but if you would doubleclick this server a new window would pop-up (like the "Your Version is out-of-date" Window) with a message left bye the administrator where you can get the maps running on this server -.- i should stop thinking now

Comment

Originally posted by king0rism
                what i mean is.. you see the server in your browser it is marked as red, because you dont have the map running on it... but if you would doubleclick this server a new window would pop-up (like the "Your Version is out-of-date" Window) with a message left bye the administrator where you can get the maps running on this server -.- i should stop thinking now
                It would still be nice to be able to download from the server though. But what you are talking about sounds like a good idea.

Comment

Re: map downloads + custom map servers

i updated the links above - new maps added

Comment

automatic map download will not be included in any patch in the future. that has been explained by EA. the reason is since the map files are big, and there is a huge bandwidth issue with the game. and imagine a 64 player map and 10 people trying to download the map at the same, that'd be a huge problem

Comment

Originally posted by maranello
                      automatic map download will not be included in any patch in the future. that has been explained by EA. the reason is since the map files are big, and there is a huge bandwidth issue with the game. and imagine a 64 player map and 10 people trying to download the map at the same, that'd be a huge problem
                      Not if they used "re-direct downloads" to a seperate url and not the server itself, Enemy territory tournement mod had it built in that when you needed to get a map it would promt a download of a zip decompress in the right folder then reconnect to the server when it was down and give you a running total of the amount you had downloaded and how much to go with an ETA.

Now if they can do it....

Comment

Originally posted by Ghiest
                        Not if they used "re-direct downloads" to a seperate url and not the server itself, Enemy territory tournement mod had it built in that when you needed to get a map it would promt a download of a zip decompress in the right folder then reconnect to the server when it was down and give you a running total of the amount you had downloaded and how much to go with an ETA.

Now if they can do it....

i m not saying they cant do it, i am saying they won't do it. you know how EA is

Comment

this website has the maps that the server does

Comment

http://www.21cwmappers.com/ashes/DesertBlitzFinal.rar

http://www.21cwmappers.com/ashes/Rol...er%20Final.rar

Be sure to check out my two maps. There both mainly armor maps.

Comment

Working...
                            X