Plane Bombing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plane Bombing

How do I more effectively use the bombs on the plane?

What I end up doing is I try to slow down and release the bomb a little early. I rarely ever hit though.

Also, any general plane tips anyone can supply? I use the MG and just blast it on random flags and occasionally get a kill.

Well I use the JSF, the MEC planes feel like I'm flying a brick with wings.
    I press F when ever I get into the plane so that I'm in bombing mode so that if I'm behind an enemy it doesn't lock on and I can get a clearer shot when I switch to missles. With bombing mode I go to enemy runways/carriers and I can clearly see if an enemy is there or not or if they're in a vechile or AA gun there's a green box around them and I just swoop down like a bird and drop the bombs about 1 sec before I'm above the target then pull back up and I normally hit. You've got to account for lag too though.

Comment

Try releasing the bomb just a bit earlier than you think it works for me

Comment

just hang in there and keep practicing youll get used to it

Comment

Just use the bombing planes su30, f15 and su34 because they have 5 bombs it's ridiculoussly easy to kill things with.

Comment

Use the Trajectory line...the bottom of the line is generally where the first bomb will land.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxy
              Just use the bombing planes su30, f15 and su34 because they have 5 bombs it's ridiculoussly easy to kill things with.
              Just keep in mind that there might be teammates at flags. You don't see them fast enough unless you look at bigger map (N key) first or slow down before starting bombing run.

Too many times I've released bombs too early and there has been someone friendly at flag. Hardly anyone forgives TK's, so look first!

Comment

The worst is a Spec.Ops C4'ing armour when someone calls for Tank Support and you bomb the armour and kill the Spec.Ops guy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xNightfirex

What I end up doing is I try to slow down and release the bomb a little early. I rarely ever hit though.

Also, any general plane tips anyone can supply? I use the MG and just blast it on random flags and occasionally get a kill.
                  Use high attack angles. If you would drop the bombs while your nose would be directed strait down, the bombs would hit that excat spot you were directing to (90 degress between the ground and you).
                  Taking that in account, the closer your attack angle to 90 degrees, the less chance you will miss a stationary target. In 90 degrees you hit no matter the speed of the bomb because gravity effects the bomb in only the falling direction. In a lower angle, the gravity has an effect in a different angle then the bomb's direction.
                  So try using high attack angles. Don't go 90 degrees, but have physics laws in mind. Bottom line - practice. I'd suggest setting up a local server to practice, and check your rear to see where the bombs landed.

The MG is the perfect cure for annoying sam site operators. Come high, fast and steady with the triangle showing you the target, while releasing the fury of high explosive rounds on those ground bastards.

Comment

Nice tips in here.

Also check how many bombs the plane holds that you are flying. Some US and MEC planes hold 5 whereas others only have 2. If your plane has 5 you have to drop the bombs quite a bit earlier.

All it really takes is alot of practice. At first i never used to be able to hit anyone. Now i can take out moving buggies and what not sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by xNightfirex

what i do is go fast (never slow down) got up and than go down in to the target and release the bombs.
                      change the views to see where the bombs drop, thats how i learned so fast.
                      and now nobody can kill me!

Comment

Originally posted by TechniK
                        Well I use the JSF, the MEC planes feel like I'm flying a brick with wings.
                        I press F when ever I get into the plane so that I'm in bombing mode so that if I'm behind an enemy it doesn't lock on and I can get a clearer shot when I switch to missles. With bombing mode I go to enemy runways/carriers and I can clearly see if an enemy is there or not or if they're in a vechile or AA gun there's a green box around them and I just swoop down like a bird and drop the bombs about 1 sec before I'm above the target then pull back up and I normally hit. You've got to account for lag too though.
                        What are you talking about? The Su-34 owns the F-15 and the MiG owns the JSF.

Comment

Flew as secondpilot in a plane on peration Cleansweep. The USMC have a plane there for two persons and the second pilot can then just relax, aim a lil wait for a lock on and bamm.

If you got a good pilot to steer the plane, then it's a unbeatable machine tbh. I'm soo gonna take that plane next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashdown
                            What are you talking about? The Su-34 owns the F-15 and the MiG owns the JSF.
                            yea, Su-34 does rock, i got more kills with it than F-15 and somehow F-15 bombs are weak! i drop them on a car oor a APC and they are still alive!

Comment

Then you get an Su-34 behind you and realise how much better it is than the F-15, papigiulio.

Edit: I mean the MEC planes own the USMC in dogfights, I haven't really noticed a difference in the bombing.

Comment

Working...
                              X