Flying with throttles and joysticks question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying with throttles and joysticks question

I currently fly helos and planes with an xbox controller.
    i first started out with a joystick (CH products combatstick)
    the joystick was great, but the xbox controller seemed more responsove becuase i dont have to tilt the whole joystick assembly to do something where the gamepad takes a press of a thumb...

but one thing the game pad lacks is a throttle...
    in order for me to hover with gamepad, it is like playing super mario brothers in which i have to press a key for acceration in rapid succession to level the helo at 50% (if i hold down acceration would make me take off), same with aircraft.

HELP ! those of you who have a HOTAS or throttle and joystick set up...does hove give you an advantage? i will be setting up my joystick to find out.. (i last used the joystick with BF:V) HOW DOES THE THROTTLE FUNCTION WORK FOR YOU?

cause at the moment, i feel like getting this:
    Buy CH Products 300-122 Pro Throttle with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

no one? =(

Comment

Hey Guy,I use a joystick with a throttle and Yes there is a big advantage with an ability to Hover( over a flag to capture it) and when you get attacked in hover its a lot faster to move.Instead of sitting on the ground and trying to take off ( watch those anti-tank missles "take you out").I am currently using a Saitek Cyborg Evo Joystick and its good .Don't,repeat,DON'T get a Logiteck joystick there is a big problem with there internal parts ( they keep losing calibration).I was looking at there web site trying to fix My Logiteck Wingman Force 3d ,and I saw about 20-25 ppl with the same problem .Some were able to get a new stick (under warrenty only) .but the same problem kept coming up.
      If you got the cash try looking at a Saitek X45 or an Saitek X52 ( wow way cool stuff)

Comment

i already got me the CH products Combatstick... Im thinkin about getting the pro throttle to compliment it...200$ all together!

Comment

I can tell you that you are missing out on an entire element of flying when you cant regulate your speed, making sharp turns, creeping up on enemies, these scenarios are crucial in any dogfight, and you guessed it, can only be done when a throttle is present.

I bought a Saitek Cyborg Evo, I can truly say it is an amazing value. Its completely customizable, has most of the fancy features from joysticks twice its cost, and enough buttons to map functions to your hearts content.

Definately go with the Evo. Happy flying!

Comment

does the Evo or X42/X52 have detents on the throttle?

how do you set the throttle at 15%, 25%, 50% etc, or do you judge by flight & looking at HUD?

Comment

jeez..i started to go back to the joystick..

it is going to take me some time to master this thing....i might have to hold off from a dedicated throttle...

as much as the throttle function is great, the roll is drving me nuts...

Comment

Working...
              X