Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Should Medic/Support get set amount Ammo/Medi Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Should Medic/Support get set amount Ammo/Medi Kit?

I played around with the medic class and support class and realized these packs regenerate themselves with no one around. This seems extremely unfair as they can just keep dropping ammo and medic bags getting points anytime someone picks one up.

Should the medic/supply class regenerate these things automatically or depend on another medic/supply to do so?

1. Leave it as is.

2. Packs don't regenerate unless around another medic/supply.

3. Packs never regenerate. Holding a pack still supply's/heals ppl.

Um... even though they regenerate, there is a limit. You can only have 5 medpacks/ammopacks on the ground at any one time. As soon as you throw out a sixth, your first one will dissappear.

~Salad

Comment

leave it alone. its fine the way it is. like the other person said, its limited anyway.

if you noticed, when they just hold the pack, their amount of packs drops too. it seems to stay at 1 always though and that can be unlimited. its a slow reload and it think its fair.

if it was taken away, they need way better accuracy to make up for it.

Comment

It works fine already, just leave it a that.

Comment

??? It's basically unliimted points. Just keep dropping them and make sure you never drop your last one. They just keep coming back... Seems too easy to get points this way...

Comment

The poll is conclusive enough, even at this point, with little votes. Besides it's not like people get massive amounts of points from resupplying and medpacks, and if they do, well it's called teamwork in my book and I'd rather have medpacks all over the place than have to wait five minutes in a corner so a medic can go to the shop to buy a medpack and come back.

Comment

Are you telling me that when you aren't playing medic, you don't appreciate random med packs lying around?

Comment

I'm a little confused by the whole 'medipack' situation anyway... If there are any Jarheads out there please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was under the impression that each marine carried his own basic first-aid kit in his gear and medics were supposed to use the casualty's kit first, supplimented by their own supplies if need-be. It would be impossible for a corpsman (don't know why they're called medics in-game for USMC) to carry all the supplies he needs, so it makes more sense for individuals to carry their own basic kits.

I'd like it if it was changed to something like this in game. Everybody would have one medi-kit, which can be activated by a medic. Everybody gets that one full-health recover and one revive. After that, good luck. They could add field hospitals too that could function like the heli-pads/airstrips and offer heal/re-arm for infantry. Only problem with that is we'd have a bunch of children chanting "It's only a game" who'd bomb hospitals. Yeah, it's "only a game" but show some goddamn character [The same goes for suicide bombers (jeeps, planes, etc.) and intentional teamkillers.]

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I like the above idea. We need ways to encourage people to stop playing CS style and put a value on their character's life. No more suicides just to rearm, no more kamikaze attacks, no more running straight at a tank on the off chance you'll get C4 on it in time. Longer Respawn counts, field hospitals, and limited med-kits would do a lot of good when it comes to forcing players to behave more realistically if they want to prosper. Maybe EA could create "Ranked Realism" servers that had these and other improvements, offering 1.5x or 2x point multipliers per round for the added difficulty level. Let the kiddies bunny-hop with their AT rockets and the serious SIM players have their own domain (with a point bonus to help distinguish the two).

Comment

leave it. dont try to fix stat padders by punishing everybody else.

Comment

Boy o boy they want to cut the damn medics down some more. Stop whining, it is starting to get annoying.

Comment

eh should we put a battery limit on the diffibs too? HE|| NO... you run outa medpacks/battery/ammopacks and your useless now... all you have is a gun... that would be retarded

Comment

No, they're fine. It's not like you can whore up hundreds of points lobbing kits around, lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X