203 Bunny hoppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 203 Bunny hoppers

First off... I love the game, it is great and I enjoy playing it.

One thing however that bothers me just a little is how the game was designed to be "realistic" in some aspects but not at all in other aspects. For instance, the USMC Blackhawk chopper completely outpowers the Chinese version of it... and as far as I know that was done to be somewhat realistic.

Then there is the ability to run down a street jumping and firing a 203 grenade launcher as a close quarters combat weapon... which while being effective can hardly be considered "realistic" by anyone.

Also don't get me wrong, I am not blaming the players who do this for the problem, I will probably use it at some point too if it isn't fixed. But for EA to even make it possible to shoot a 203 grenade launcher while jumping is kind of silly. Also for a 203 grenade to be used at close quarters is even more mind boggling.

I don't know if anyone else has played Americas Army... if you have you would know that they have it so if you fire a 203 into someone's chest at under 10 yards the grenade will not explode... also it is not possible to fire any weapon while you are jumping.

Does anyone else find this to be a slight miscalculation on EA's part?

/Smelly puts on his flame suit

It's a widely-known and loathed issue. People who do it are sloppy and mostly untalented (yes, I've tried it myself - there's not much to it), and hopefully the next patch will make them irrelevant.

Comment

*sprays smelly down with fire retardant*

ya, theres alot of balancing issues that should be fixed. Hopefully one day it will be balanced, if not it will be on my clans server when we get one. A realism/balancing mod is on the top of our list (well 2nd...I guess the top of the list would be getting the server :laugh: )

Comment

Step 1: Once you see him, sprint to the side to dodge it
        Step 2: Spray him as fast as you can once he's fired. Usualy they're too retarded to go to his main weapon or have their pistol on quick switch. Hence the lack of skill.

Comment

All we can hope for is the patch to fix it. I've seen guys bunny hop all over Karkand and its pretty funny to watch from a distance.

Comment

Originally posted by ||ass||variable
            It's a widely-known and loathed issue. People who do it are sloppy and mostly untalented (yes, I've tried it myself - there's not much to it), and hopefully the next patch will make them irrelevant.
            Hey sorry if I am only restating something that has been talked to death... I n00bed it and didn't read all the other threads first

Glad to know I'm not the only person who finds it odd. Oh and hey can someone increase the splash dmg of my A/T rockets please?

Comment

I love it. Really nothing impresses me more than the jumping M203 kill. Just think of skill it takes for a Marine with a full combat load to run at full speed, jump about 2 feet in the air, spin around, drop death at their feet, and keep on going. When you consider just how hot it is in Karkland and the combat fatigue they are suffering, it's truley remarkable. They should be awarded the Navy Cross on the spot.

Comment

I was called a hater sometime this week for my negaitve comment about the same thing and I can honestly say I am when someone exploits the damage by bunny hopping and firing down at very close range.

EA needs to increase the blast radius of the weapon against the user so they are forced to have to use it at a distance.

The way it is designed now is for 100% of the force of the blast goes forward against the target and barely any damage backwards toward the user when combined with the bunny hop.

Comment

Just increase the blast radius to the user. Keep it the same for everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorBusiness
                    I love it. Really nothing impresses me more than the jumping M203 kill. Just think of skill it takes for a Marine with a full combat load to run at full speed, jump about 2 feet in the air, spin around, drop death at their feet, and keep on going. When you consider just how hot it is in Karkland and the combat fatigue they are suffering, it's truley remarkable. They should be awarded the Navy Cross on the spot.
                    Not to mention the emotional trauma of killing and seeing their comrades die left and right. I mean, these guys are heroes. What amazes me most is how they can just keep jumping time and again, they must have undergone incredible endurance training at Parris Island.

Comment

Originally posted by Alti
                      Just increase the blast radius to the user. Keep it the same for everyone else.
                      That might help... but being able to jump and shoot at the same time is pretty rediculous if you want to consider your game anywhere near "realistic".

At least when I turn a Humvee into a guided missle with 5 packs of C4 attached to it I generally die too

Comment

Originally posted by ZapStarfighter
                        Not to mention the emotional trauma of killing and seeing their comrades die left and right. I mean, these guys are heroes. What amazes me most is how they can just keep jumping time and again, they must have undergone incredible endurance training at Parris Island.
                        they must have legs of steel and amazing stamina to do that, Im so jealous :cry:

Comment

it always really funny when they miss and you just cover them in led :ar15: :ar15:

Comment

Haven't you seen the battle footage in Iraq. It's common practice now. As a matter of fact the "Jump and shoot the M203 straight down" technique is taught in Basic. Then again it is a game and yes I hate when I get killed by somebody employing this method, but oh well....what the hell you gonna do?

Comment

I've suggested a stamina hit for jumping. Why the hell not? It's already built into the game for Pete's sake. If it costs you stamina to sprint, it should cost you stamina to jump, go prone, and rise from prone. I'd like to see a real soldier carry a full pack, kevlar, and an M249 and go prone and up more than once.

Comment

Working...
                              X