Server hosts,help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server hosts,help please

I'm thinking of starting my own clan in view of the rising number of 18+ clans going around and i have wanted to lead a clan for quite a while, anyway :

If anyone knows any good/well priced server hosts please could you post them here? Especially ones that through in a free ts and/or website.

Thanks

Originally posted by Sna ppy
    I'm thinking of starting my own clan in view of the rising number of 18+ clans going around and i have wanted to lead a clan for quite a while, anyway :

If anyone knows any good/well priced server hosts please could you post them here? Especially ones that through in a free ts and/or website.

Thanks
    Get in contact with me @ either hksmonster@hotmail.com or through our site www.r2clan.com we can hook you up with a good BF2 Ranked server provider, go thru me and you will get a good deal.

« R²»Capt.HKS
    Founder,Senior Admin,BF2 Ranked Server Admin (Raging Rebels Ranked 1.02)

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
      Get in contact with me @ either hksmonster@hotmail.com or through our site www.r2clan.com we can hook you up with a good BF2 Ranked server provider, go thru me and you will get a good deal.

« R²»Capt.HKS
      Founder,Senior Admin,BF2 Ranked Server Admin (Raging Rebels Ranked 1.02)
      www.r2clan.com

anything over 5.00/slot per month per slot is too high.

look for a provider that will give you FTP, Disaster recovery like plesk or some web/ssl/ssh based access to restart or swap to non-ranked configs.

Look for a provider that has good documentation and communication, I always send a few e-mails to support with some questions and judge the responce time. Service is the defining factor in GSP's.

as for which ranked provider to choose, I wouldnt....ranked = waste of time and money.

Get a good 100.00/month co-loc'd P4 server set up on a 10mb/s drop with 60-80gig thruput per month, a nice linux OS and set up your Clan site/Game servers on that.

Munson

Comment

Originally posted by Munson
        anything over 5.00/slot per month per slot is too high.

look for a provider that will give you FTP, Disaster recovery like plesk or some web/ssl/ssh based access to restart or swap to non-ranked configs.

Look for a provider that has good documentation and communication, I always send a few e-mails to support with some questions and judge the responce time. Service is the defining factor in GSP's.

as for which ranked provider to choose, I wouldnt....ranked = waste of time and money.

Get a good 100.00/month co-loc'd P4 server set up on a 10mb/s drop with 60-80gig thruput per month, a nice linux OS and set up your Clan site/Game servers on that.

Munson
        I think an unranked server is a total waste of money, nobody will play on it, thats a proven fact and why we went for a ranked server. Sure get an unranked server for matches only but if you want the best of both worlds get a ranked server. You can effectively password a ranked server by not having a server name and hand out the ip for clan matches.

Also ftp access to a ranked server is a big no no. Its not allowed and be wary of any provider offering ftp access to a ranked server. A good provider will make changes for you if asked that would normally require ftp access. Though the web manager should provide all options that you can legitimately use to change ranked server settings of which there are not many settings you can change and still follow/abide by the ranked server guidelines.

Comment

I guess you missed the "OTHER" ranked server is a waste of my money/hosting company/time threads around here and other BF2 related sites.

if you want to spend the cash go ahead....it's only going to be a dissapointment when you need 8 or 10 people to start a match and there are 4 of you waiting....waiting....wait...MAtch starts and one guy drops....back to waiting.....

ROFL.

You can have FTP to a ranked server, it's just for a special limited .con with only your options like Autobalance and the links and stuff. it's not a NO NO unless your provider is some noclass jip joint without proper scripting and controls for the admins.

Munson

Comment

Munson, check your private messages.

Comment

www.lucidni.com can supply a server, teamspeak and design & host a website for you.
              they can supply the whole package at a very competetive price.

Comment

Working...
              X