Squads and Mics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squads and Mics

have mic and headset. My mic works but head set doesnt. When i speak to squad leader and ask if he can hear me i never get a response.

would the Squad leaders voice not come out the speakers or only the headset?

sounds like a hardware issue, not game related...

use windows/control panel to check out your mic/headset setup to make sure its working...oh, and make sure u arent muted lol....

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_Flex
      have mic and headset. My mic works but head set doesnt. When i speak to squad leader and ask if he can hear me i never get a response.

would the Squad leaders voice not come out the speakers or only the headset?

Make sure that the server has voice activated - not all of them do.
      Make sure you have set up the voice options correctly.
      Make sure your SL isn't shy.

Comment

Alternatively, press caps lock and open up the squad menu and make sure that he has VOIP enabled with a tick in his box.

Comment

ive been on a lot of servers that have the voice activated thing on which dont work at all. i would say 1 in 3 with the battlecom on actually work :/

Comment

I don't want to accuse you of being an idiot. . .

but I am and I was using the wrong communication button and took me a while to actually talk to people. There is a Push to Talk button AND a Com talk (not sure exactly what the latter is called).

If you want to talk to your Squad, make sure you aren't hitting the commander talk button

Comment

but even if the headset doesnt work and mic does...would squad leader voice come out of speakers? or only channel through to my headset... ?

Comment

ur speakers shouldnt even be on when ur using the headset...

I have the headset plugged into the back of my computer (mic/speakers), and I have my speaker setup plugged into the front of my computer. When I want to use the headset only, I just unplug the speakers, and can then plug them back in when I don't want to use the headset...

But like I said, check all of your settings in windows...

Start > settings > control panel > sound and speaker settings

Comment

ye i have - for some reason one of the sockets isnt working... i can have the speakers and mic working at the same time... but not the headset...

but what im asking is - can you all hear your Squad leaders voice through the speakers or is it only the headset he can be heard through?

Comment

The SLs voice comes out of the same hole as all your other sounds: speakers, headset or whatever.

Comment

Working...
                    X