XFIRE seriously decreases BF2 FPS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XFIRE seriously decreases BF2 FPS!

Deleted old wrongly titled thread and starting a new correctly titled one here.

Title says it all. For me I'm talking around an increase of approximately 20 fps when Xfire isn't loaded.

Hope this helps others not in the know who have fps issues.

well with you have have plenty of RAM and a good processor. i havent lost any FPS

Comment

My XFIRE dosent work anymore so im fine

Comment

Both me and my friends have tried XFire several times with several games, but sooner or later it seems to **** up our machines. To bad since the idea of XFire is good.

Comment

xfire doesnt messw with my FPS....teamspeak however, thats really jacking it up.

Comment

I'll have to check this out tonight. I've not noticed a difference while playing, but I've never actually checked my fps with and without Xfire.

Comment

How do you show FPS?

Comment

renderer.drawfps 1 in the console

Comment

i'd be curious to see if either ts or xfire effect fps... bandwidth, yeah that makes sense, but fps? some screens from bf2 would showing the diff., if any, would be great..

Comment

Originally posted by Cotizi
                    renderer.drawfps 1 in the console
                    Use the ~ key to bring up the console. It should be next to the 1 key

Comment

after reading this post
                      I did LOTS of testing
                      saw NO difference with any combination of programs running:
                      BF2, XFire, Ventrilo
                      I have: P3.2. 1.5 Ram, X300SE (YUCK) and 3.0Mbit DSL
                      get 45fps all settings low/off

son has same system, except X800XL and audigy2z sound
                      most settings on high
                      (except shadows/dynamic lights off
                      he avg 80fps

Comment

lost 4 fps from xfire ... but im running a high end system so on lower end systems it would be exagerated.

Sad really as it is a good program :/

Comment

Xfire doesn't drop FPS, but in my case it does raise latency (ping) up by a few. It tends to skyrocket when I join servers on the other side of the world because of Xfire.

Comment

I noticed an improvement when minimizing your "Friends of Friends" list. I have no real fps numbers to compare, but the gameplay seems a lot smoother when that list is minimized.

I have some clanmates who can't run Xfire at all with BF2 (and have decent rigs), some who can run it but can't join a game without crashing, and others who have no problems with it at all. No issues with TS either.

Comment

Working...
                            X