Please help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help....

OK so here's the deal i upgraded my pc for this game so am really wanting it to work well! I was playing the demo b4 i got the full version and i had no worries. But now i have the full version my game seems the C%$p itself. My fps constantly read over 50 on med settings (dynamic shadows and dynamic lights off) but for some unknown reason when i play online the game seems to stutter like mad, and is very jerky. This happens even on lowest settings... I am so confused please help me correct this drama...

My specs are

p4 3ghz HT 800fsb
    1 gig ram
    radeon 9800 pro 128mb
    asus p4p800s-x mb
    80 gb sata hard drive

(by the way i have been playing other online games and had no network problems i also have updated the game with the new patch) I have also tried re installing the game changed my drivers from 5.7 to 5.6 im stumped...

Please help me....

Thanks

Could you please try connecting to a non-punkbuster server to see if you get the same problem.

Also try playing a single-player game and let us know what happens.

Comment

Ok will give that a go now

Comment

Ok it worked pretty much perfectly in a server with no pb there was only 2 ppl in there mind you but it was definately better...

What can i do now??

Comment

Originally posted by Oupy
          Ok will give that a go now
          think these are the "performance" issues that EA/DICE are trying to sort with nxt patch, mine does same for about 60 seconds when i first enter a 64 player server, it seems to calm down after a minute or so tho...maybe its just as folks are connecting

Comment

You can also try using the PCI Latency Tool to adjust your PCI Latency for your 9800 Pro to e.g. 64 instead of usually 255/248. Just search the forum for Latency and several post on this will appear.

You can also try using the Omegadrivers, because they don't set PCI Latency to 255/248 as the regular Catalyst do and thus PCI Latency Tool is not needed, and then Windows uses the value set in BIOS.

Comment

You can try using the PB client settings as mentioned in here too:

They set pb_sleep 60 maybe that will have effect in PB enabled servers.

Comment

Ok i did the latency thing and no change its definately pb related and to be able to change the pb settings it seems you need a file but i can't seem to find it...

Please help mme guys

Comment

You just make a new empty .txt doc on the desktop and paste this into it:

pb_msgprefix "PunkBuster Client"
                  pb_sleep 60
                  pb_logtofile 1
                  pb_sslog 1
                  pb_sssave 1
                  and save it as pbcl.cfg, remember to save it as pbcl.cfg and NOT pbcl.cfg.txt (Best way is to show extensions for registered filetypes in the Folder Options in any folder or in Control Panel in Windows, then you see .txt no matter what and can rename file and remove the .txt if needed)

Place this file in the PB dir in BF2 install dir.

As said above i don't know if it has any effect, but have used it in other PB games, and command is the same.

Comment

Ok i tried that and no luck as of yet Does anyone have any other ideas???

Comment

Ok. I'm glad that it works fine without PB. It could still be a million different things as those who've been here for a while now have realised

Could you go here and download and install this program please?

Download

It's PunkBusters new download program (beta). Normally when you start up the game PB will connect to a server and if it doesn't have the newest version needed to play it'll download it. Sometimes though you have to do this manualy.

Once PB has updated and is working we'll see what state your game is in

Comment

How about chipset drivers are they installed and latest version from asus or intel, and not just the ones from the install cd??

Comment

I did use the ones from the cd but i will look on the web for some others

Comment

Ok i tried that and still no luck.... I even tried re installing the game... man this is getting so frustrating please help me sort this problem people...

Comment

Working...
                            X