patching failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patching failed

i tried to patch the game again, and i went to download from the link on this site, and when i dl it, it says patch 1.02 or whatever, but when i install it.....it says "patching, please wait" then it says error, patching faild....then i click ok on that button, and the finalize screen comes up and says you have sucsefully installed bf2 patch "1.01".....hummm, i thought i downloaded 1.02,....maybe its just a text error, but i still cant seem to get into ranked servers....it says i have to have a non modded up to date version.....blah blah blah, "i needs me battlefield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

EDIT: damn game is starting to piss me off, its 1:32am!!!! and i want to play bad!!!! but i cant join the ranked servers, due to it saying i have a modded version of BF2 and i need to revert back to current version....wtf does that mean, ive never modded nor touched the bf2 files........sum 1 please help, im about to crap on myself....and then i will have more problems!!!! :shakehead

If no one replies it's because there are already 1,000,000 posts like this but only a handful with the solutions.

Don't worry if the patch says 1.01 or 1.02. You can't download the 'old' 1.01 patch from EA anymore.

"Modded version." - the patch process may not have worked correctly. You should have a logfile in your \my docs\BF2\ folder somwhere.

Find the rather long thread on the forum somwhere that explains how to uninstall the game properly and try again.

You also need about 2-3Gb of free space to install the patch.

Comment

Working...
    X