What's with the bases on Karkand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with the bases on Karkand?

Why does the U.S. team get a tank AND apc while the MEC side only gets a tank? Why is the MEC main base capturable? It is difficult to win the map on MEC side because there is usually a U.S. squad that continually attempts to cap the back base and eventually they succeed and the MEC then does not have any armor spawns.

MEC gets all the cap flags at start. US has a long ways to travel to take their armor to the flags and they are at a major chokepoint on the way in. The two closest US spawns are on foot, and to infiltrate the city, you go through some pretty tough chokepoints.

If you get a solid team on MEC, you can pretty much choke the fighting to the first couple of flags. If you don't do that, your screwed.

Comment

its not just karkand...sharqi peninsula is like that but reversed

Comment

The only reason the mec main base gets capped so easily is because it is so far from the action. In a pub, no one wants to sit there for a whole round and get like maybe 2 kills or so.

Comment

Its all up to team skill and teamwork, most of the time I play MEC and most of the time when I play Karkland MEC wins. The US tank rarely gets beyond the first CP before blowing up unless he makes a run for it, in which case its dead sooner or later. Vehicles dont work their magic as well in close quarters and anti-tank have lots place to hide. Eitherway I find it more common to have MEC win than US win.

Comment

teamwork is the key

Comment

The MEC APC is the Vodnik I think.... APC = Armored Personell Carrier. I know what you mean though. Ones like an IFV as well.

Comment

Play the 64 player version of Strike at Karkand.

Comment

it seems like mine/c4 usage to blow up armor is decreasing.

Comment

Originally posted by solodude23
                    The MEC APC is the Vodnik I think.... APC = Armored Personell Carrier. I know what you mean though. Ones like an IFV as well.
                    NO NO NO NO NO

jeeze man

USMC gets an LAV and an M1A2....MEC gets a T-90. this is standard on both 16 and 32 player maps. When Karkand gets to 64 man, MEC gets 1 T-90 and 2 BTRs in their WAAAAAY back spawns. USMC gets 1 M1A2 and i think 2 LAVs as well.

as for APC, its not the vodnik. ARMORED? yea, right...LIGHT armor, you can take it out with an M203 ffs. armored......rofl. aluminum foil is the damn armor ffs.

Comment

MEC also have to drive the tank all the way to the other end of the map

Comment

Working...
                      X