Noob question re: Ingame chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob question re: Ingame chat

Hi all, I just got BF2, love it. Have a q though.

What are the shortcut keys for all of the ingame chat commands? For example, all of the 'Enemy artillery spotted', 'Requesting pickup', 'Can I get a ride?', all that stuff. I searched and came up empty, and the manual is pretty useless. The BF1942 shortcuts (function keys) don't work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

-D

Q + Mouse = The Promised Land!

Comment

Thanks, but can't you map that to shortcut keys? Having to do the mouse thing in mid-combat is a sure fire way to be fertilizer.

-J

Comment

i dont know, i havent tried, or bother to read anything about making shortcuts... go look it up i guess dude.

Comment

q, n00b.

jk

Comment

after u play awhile youll get good at the comma rose so that u can do it in under a second and get back to the battle!

Comment

I prefer using my microphone, but when it comes to ppl outside your squad, the comma rose is a good way. I like it more than the BF42 way of doing it.

Comment

You'll get used to it. Soon enough, you'll be able to push the buttons and use the mouse without even thinking about it.

The good thing about it though is, if your crosshairs are on the enemy vehicle/unit/flying object, you can just click the spotted button and it will give out the appropriate voice over. Otherwise, you have to right click the spotted button, then choose the voice over you want.

Comment

Re: Noob question re: Ingame chat

Yeah, it's getting better, getting used to it... I'll probably get a mic though, I'd rather do voice when possible... spotted I would still use and it's really easy to access.

Thanks all

-J

Comment

Originally posted by diabolik
                    Yeah, it's getting better, getting used to it... I'll probably get a mic though, I'd rather do voice when possible... spotted I would still use and it's really easy to access.

Thanks all

-J
                    using a mike only works with your friends on Ventrilo or teamspeak
                    it would work on VOIP, but so few people use it
                    plus, if you use the 'Q' plus mouse click
                    it puts a red dot on the map
                    (like under the UAV)
                    using a mike would not do that

Comment

i wish all the "enemy spotted" and "hey, i need a ride!" and all the default yells would NOT show up in the in-game chat. it'll clear it up a LOT and make it more usefull.

Comment

I totally agree. I like to spot enemies and such, but I sure hate cluttering up the text portion of the screen.

Comment

i wish all the "enemy spotted" and "hey, i need a ride!" and all the default yells would NOT show up in the in-game chat. it'll clear it up a LOT and make it more usefull.
                          True, but you only hear the "I need ammo over here" etc etc etc if you have your sound settings on high. So ppl with shit sound would only get a flashing dot on radar.

(I think im right)

--Unreb

Comment

I which tehre was just a button for spottet and get in or can I get a ride. Cause I use those a lot and don't like the current way, besides often when I'm an attack heli, I want to press "get in" but I accidantly fire a round. I which you could assign yourself like 2/3 voicecommades to certain buttons.

Comment

Working...
                            X