Server Initiated Team Switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Initiated Team Switches

Real quick.......myself and four buddies like to play on the same side during multiplayer games, we are not in any clan, nor do we have names that are similar. Is there a way to make sure that we stay on the same side, USMC, MEC, or China during a multiplayer game, rather than some of us, but not all, continually getting bounced to the other team? I know the obvious anser is to play on servers that do not have autobalance turned on, but is there any method other than not playing on autobalanced servers to keep us all on the same side? We always play on ranked servers, but the autobalance switching sux. Anyone got any answers?

I am really interested in an answer myself. I tried to lock the squad I was in with my mates and none of us got moved, but I am not sure if it had anything to do with locking.

Comment

I'm 99% sure that there is nothing that you can do if you're playing on a server that has autobalance set to ON unless the python config files have been modified to not switch players that are in squads. There aren't a lot of these servers around but I can give you a few IP's if you like.

With a little luck more and more admins will install and use BF2CC which allows you do fix the autobalance via a user interface rather than editing the files by hand so it'll become less of a problem.

Comment

The thing that seems off is that the autobalence shouldn't switch players in a squad to the other team. A few of my clanmates have been removed from our squad just to be autobalenced to the other team, while there are 5 lone wolfs on the team. I think they need to tweak the autobalence logic so that it tries to switch lone wolves first, and only if there are none, to switch squad members as a last resort.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
          I'm 99% sure that there is nothing that you can do if you're playing on a server that has autobalance set to ON unless the python config files have been modified to not switch players that are in squads. There aren't a lot of these servers around but I can give you a few IP's if you like.

With a little luck more and more admins will install and use BF2CC which allows you do fix the autobalance via a user interface rather than editing the files by hand so it'll become less of a problem.
          Can you send along the IP addresses?

Comment

Its bull if you get switched its not fair

Comment

Originally posted by Hollister360
              Its bull if you get switched its not fair
              especially when your commander and your team is winning and youre getting alot of points with arty and resupplies

then BAM! you are switched over to the loosing side

Comment

i think he is right and the autobalance is totally random (unless i was just doing too good for the admin last night)

i was playing mashtuur on the usmc and i was sniping. i was at the top of my team with like 48 points then all of a sudden i have the respawn screen and telling me i was switched. i had one of the best games of my whole fricking career in bf2 because i normally don't do well and then i have it ruined by switching to the other team. i could have racked up a ton more points if it wasn't for this BS.

they need to make it so that the last people to enter the server get switched.

Comment

I was going for the expert pistol, and lost out of it due to the team balance. It should switch unsquaded people or people with little or no points, it's too sly the way it works now just switching the first person who dies, hope dice will fix this sometime soon.

Anyone know of any karkand servers without team balance, but has admins etc in it frequently?

Comment

Bf2L Clan UK

83.142.49.69:18567 Ranked
                    83.142.49.69 Dedicated

TrinityGames.net T5K

70.86.19.123 Ranked

CiE - Playhouse
                    70.86.74.67 Ranked

MIGCREW.COM
                    72.36.132.66:16567

All these servers are running scripts so that only lone-wolf players are switched.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon_Curry
                      I was going for the expert pistol, and lost out of it due to the team balance. It should switch unsquaded people or people with little or no points, it's too sly the way it works now just switching the first person who dies, hope dice will fix this sometime soon.

Anyone know of any karkand servers without team balance, but has admins etc in it frequently?
                      it has nothing to do with dying. like i said, i was playing and racking up points from sniping and i got switched. i never died before i got switched.

Comment

Is there anywhere to see that the server has autobalance on before you actaully join the server? I know once you join it shows you the setting but I haven't found it anywhere before you join.

Comment

Bf2L Clan UK
                          83.142.49.69:18567 Ranked
                          83.142.49.69 Dedicated
                          TrinityGames.net T5K
                          70.86.19.123 Ranked
                          CiE - Playhouse
                          70.86.74.67 Ranked
                          MIGCREW.COM
                          72.36.132.66:16567
                          All these servers are running scripts so that only lone-wolf players are switched.

are they ranked servers?

Comment

What gets on my nerves is playing really well and crushing the enemy team (were capping their final flag for example) and then getting switched because of the sore losers quitting.

I end up on the losing team, unable to spawn whilst the rest of the team run around in disarray.

It's pretty lame.

Comment

The worst was we had full control of the map. I managed to find one of the last few players from the other side who was about to capture a flag back, and I killed him and got killed at the same time. That's when the server switched me.

Comment

Working...
                              X