The Commanders Role

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Commanders Role

Playing tonight on a server. And all this time, the commanders do all the same. Do not blame them for what the game does. Isn't the commanders role to wait for a call from a squad for artilliary strike in an area. Instead of just blasting away with team members in the area.

While I am defending (I enjoy defending), I am watching on map the situations of the whole map. And the commander is swearing away (Rudely) for team mates to get out of the area, right after he started the artilliary. Then of course Team kills. Then he gets ticked off. Everyone is just running around not organized, and all this chaos from both sides.

So when a squad calls for an artilliary, this will give enough time for the team members to leave the area, or not move in. But, then everything, everyone is going to fast (Running around like chickens with no heads) to do so. Think about it. Just sit back and watch a gameplay (Bring up map, and watch the conversations). Just one game.

Sometimes when playing as commander, things click with the squads, sometimes not. What are you supposed to do when squad leaders won't follow orders or people won't join squads and work as a team ? It's a team game and to be really effective you have to play as a cohesive team, otherwise you'll get owned really quick.
    The clans have this teamwork thing down pat and are often the winners of a game simply because they know what they are doing rather than running around willy nilly doing their own thing, which is what usually happens most games.

It's a tough judgement call to arty an area which is covered in enemy with just one lone wolf running around as an example and yet I'd do it if it meant protecting my squads and our team gameplan each and every time.

Comment

My commander role is to spot out everything on the map, and use arty once every few minutes to mix it up or save a CP. I beleive that if a squad leader calls for artilley, and the commander accepts, then the squad leader should have some responsiblity for that arty. Like if anyone is tked from the SL's arty request he should get the negative burden, because it was his judgement, and in 90% of the situations he has a better view then the CO. Also he should get 1 point for every kill in that arty blast, to make it an incentive for SLs to actually ask for stuff.

Comment

Sometimes when playing as commander, things click with the squads, sometimes not. What are you supposed to do when squad leaders won't follow orders or people won't join squads and work as a team ? It's a team game and to be really effective you have to play as a cohesive team, otherwise you'll get owned really quick.
        The clans have this teamwork thing down pat and are often the winners of a game simply because they know what they are doing rather than running around willy nilly doing their own thing, which is what usually happens most games.

It's a tough judgement call to arty an area which is covered in enemy with just one lone wolf running around as an example and yet I'd do it if it meant protecting my squads and our team gameplan each and every time.
        That is a totally true. Good response(s).

Comment

The artillery takes too long to hit a target to be useful to a squad leader. Only the commander has the awareness to do a decent artillery strike.

The commanders role is to direct squads to their targets, whether to capture or defend.

Comment

Agreed, the Commander deals in the strategic stuff, the squad leaders should act like local commanders and deal with the tactical stuff. Commander says defend this flag and blow this bridge, Squad leader deploys his men in a decent dispersal to cover the areas entrances and vehicle approaches and keeps his men from bunching together and attracting artillery. The commander watches the big picture while squad leaders fight the battle in their little part of the map their way.

Comment

I'd like to see sqaud leaders call for supplies/UAV more often (using the T rose). Firstly, it means the supplies/UAV are placed in exactly the right location, and secondly, it gives the commander points.

Choosing where to artillery should be left to the commander I feel, unless the SL has a good target.

But the main thing is, sqaud leaders, use the T rose more often to call for things!

Comment

I don't think most people realize that squad leaders have the ability to ask for things. This in turn usually leads to people becoming frustrated with a commander since they're not winning and they want to mutiny.

Also, commanding a 16 player team with only 5 people in squads makes life hard. "Hey, commander, UAV here"
                WHERE?! I can't see where you are you freakin blue dot

Comment

Working...
                X