PKM Limitations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PKM Limitations?

Yes this is essentially a 'hay wut gun shud i unlok' thread, if you don't like it then hit your back button..

Anyway, I should make Sergeant in a couple days and for some time now I've been dead-set on unlocking the PKM. Don't get me wrong I've been able to pick up this gun a few times and it OWNS on maps like Karkand and Mushtuur City. But I was wondering... what other maps could you use this on? I couldn't picture using this gun on a map like Gulf of Oman or any other 'open' map. Now after picking up the G36C a few times I'm starting to lean towards this gun. I'm even more in favor of the G36C unlock due to the fact that Spec Ops will get points for destroying enemy arty and whatnot in a few weeks. So what do you guys think.. PKM pwns city maps but isn't its usefulness pretty limited in larger maps?

Yup. Vehicle oriented maps tend to have a lack of support players. I really don't play anything but the urban maps so the PKM is a good choice for me.

In your case, I'd go with the G36. It rocks.

Comment

Bah the M4, AKS-74U and the QBZ-95 (or wtf its called) are all good enough.

the PKM is excellent in any map, it has great range, believe me, learn to use it and you are deadly.

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney

the PKM is excellent in any map, it has great range, believe me, learn to use it and you are deadly.
        Do you fire one or two round bursts for long range? And ICELAND! Wow, that's really cool (no pun intended), I'd really like to travel there someday...

Comment

Just aim at below the enemy, spray out 2-5 rounds a time, i think, i dont have any unlocks yet because of my god damn ISP limitations but i used it a lot with the global bug thingy .

Comment

Get the g36c it owns on all maps, day or night.

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney

Hmmmm, the g36c is like an automatic sniper rifle it pwns.

Comment

Hrmm well I play support most of the time and I use the PKM most of the time. Its still useful on all maps IMHO. You just gotta know when to use it--i.e. its great for defending a flag or choke point. Ultimately on the bigger maps you may get flanked, but you'll get flanked when using any gun not just the PKM.

Just know its range and avoid medium to long range encounters. Most guns in this game suck at longer ranges anyway and AFAIK the damage seems to be reduced as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WrAth2110
                  Hmmmm, the g36c is like an automatic sniper rifle it pwns.
                  I've run into a LOT of N00b Ops with G36Cs that thought the same way you do... They're all dead now. TY M24/M95!

PKM = t3h l33t, d00d
                  G36C = Perfect if you like to unlock guns that are like 1% better then standard issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X