Need United States maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need United States maps

In case you guys dont check the mod recruitment thread.

I am looking for mappers who are willing to make balanced maps that involve United States locations. You dont have to join the team you can simply sumbit a map for the mod.

PM if you are interested.

You know the big problem about this. All buildings so far are Chinese or M.E.C. kinda buildings there are no US buildings so making it in a city or US setting is very hard. Howbout they recruit when they put a pack of US buildings modeled and skinned for us to make maps with.

Comment

I know it will take time. I am not expecting maps tomorrow... take your time model the buildings and then import them. If we get multiple people, then they can colaborate and share models. I am just getting started on this, so we need mappers who are willing to undergo such a process.

Comment

you can do the deserts of navada etc.
        moutain ranges of colorado.
        jamaca and hiwaii seem to have similar taste in housing.

do what you can with what you have, and have a little fun.

Comment

If anyone did want to make a US mod, US style buildings are hardly the most difficult to model. I can't really talk as my modelling skills are 0, but skyscrapers tend to just be big boxes with windows

Comment

looking through the maps, many of the existing buildings in maps like Daqing (for an Alaskin oil pipeline), Fushe (Steel Manufacturing plant in some forested town), Gulf of Oman (use the refineries for some Texas drilling), And even Mashtuur (Many of the buildings are generic and can be used).

I would recommend making some new models for more advanced maps, but you can certainly build a map on American soil with what you have.

Anyway, thanks for your replies.

Comment

Originally posted by TAW_DaSniper
              Howbout they recruit when they put a pack of US buildings modeled and skinned for us to make maps with.
              yep thats the best way to go i tried to make a US city didnt work out well

Comment

Working...
              X