A Fix For the custom maps not loading in-game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Fix For the custom maps not loading in-game

ok after you have your map loaded in the editor before you save your work you must make sure that each control-point has the proper number in the twaeks bar you will see Teams (1-is team 1) (2 is team 2)
    and 0 is just a blank control-point for any team to take once they get to it.

it's that simple.
    that is why the maps will not load in-game because it's trying to look for the control-points but they all come out the same number by dafult 1 in the editor as you place them. that's were the tweak bar comes in to play.

i did this but is still crashing at 15%

Comment

my map does not even show up in the list

Comment

For goodness sakes. Be sure to SAVE ALL. COMPILE everything in the compile list. And once your done Pack it up. Do not Change the name of the map after you have choosen a name at the beginning. It will not work. You can't change names after you make them or it messes them up and its a long process to get it to work again. So once you select NEW MAP and you type in a name for that map. DO NOT CHANGE IT!! Under any circumstances!

Comment

Dood you can have a map with control points with the same teams. Its weird but the maps load.

Comment

Originally posted by TAW_DaSniper
            For goodness sakes. Be sure to SAVE ALL. COMPILE everything in the compile list. And once your done Pack it up. Do not Change the name of the map after you have choosen a name at the beginning. It will not work. You can't change names after you make them or it messes them up and its a long process to get it to work again. So once you select NEW MAP and you type in a name for that map. DO NOT CHANGE IT!! Under any circumstances!
            Lol,too late, now ya tell me, so what is the long procedure to get a renamed map to show up?? I renamed because I wanted to reuse the same already painted map as a base for different designs

Comment

Originally posted by a_little_schoolgirl
              Lol,too late, now ya tell me, so what is the long procedure to get a renamed map to show up?? I renamed because I wanted to reuse the same already painted map as a base for different designs
              Before you go deleting anything you can fix the problem, all you have to do is go to EA Games->mods->"The mod you are saving your map on"->Levels->Your map->info

Open up that file in notepad there are two places you have to change the old name to the new name, then save, then rename the file you opened to the new name of your map. Then it shall work.

Comment

Pack it up? Compress it into an archive?

Comment

can you link to some good tutorials, because the one i was using said nothing of compiling or packing. It was from tweakguides.com or somthing. Thanks.

Mine gets to 15% also and closes to desktop.

edit sorry im new here, i just found the mapping forums.

Comment

Originally posted by KatPhish
                    can you link to some good tutorials, because the one i was using said nothing of compiling or packing. It was from tweakguides.com or somthing. Thanks.

Mine gets to 15% also and closes to desktop.

edit sorry im new here, i just found the mapping forums.
                    Check out the link in the first sticky, you might find your answer in those forums.

Comment

since im not one to roll over and die, i did what the man said and went into windowed mode to see the errors and correct them.

This lead me to opening up the server zip file in the gulf_of_omen map directory where your own map resides, and extracting the "OvergrowthAtlas.tai" file to my desktop. I then opened this file with wordpad and removed the big block of text under all the commented out header area. Basicly the file hold coords for plants sprites like grass and bushes. You will see this:

Code:
                      # mods/bf2/levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas.tai
                      # 
                      # 
                      # <filename>		<atlas filename>, <atlas idx>, <woffset>, <hoffset>, <width>, <height>
                      # 
                      # Texture <filename> can be found in texture atlas <atlas filename>, i.e.,
                      # <group><idx>.dds with texture coordinates boundary given by:
                      #   A = ( <woffset>, <hoffset> )
                      #   B = ( <woffset> + <width>, <hoffset> + <height> )
                      # 
                      # where coordinates (0,0) and (1,1) of the original texture map correspond
                      # to coordinates A and B, respectively, in the texture atlas.

objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_me_nc_drybush01_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0, 0, 0.125, 0.5
                      objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_me_palmtree01_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.125, 0, 0.125, 0.5
                      objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_me_palmtree02_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.25, 0, 0.125, 0.5
                      objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_me_palmtree03_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.375, 0, 0.125, 0.5
                      objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_me_tropicalplant03_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.5, 0, 0.125, 0.5
                      objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_mehighleafbush01de_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.625, 0, 0.125, 0.5
                      objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_memang02de_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.75, 0, 0.125, 0.5
                      objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_meolivebig01_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.875, 0, 0.125, 0.5
                      objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_meolivebig04_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0, 0.5, 0.125, 0.5
                      objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_mepinebush01de_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.125, 0.5, 0.125, 0.5
                      objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/me_mangmedfin01_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.125, 0.5
                      objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/me_shortpalm01_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.375, 0.5, 0.125, 0.5
                      objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_mepinebush02de_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.5, 0.5, 0.0625, 0.5
                      objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/tile_mebark01de_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.5625, 0.5, 0.125, 0.25
                      make it look like this:
                      Code:
                      # mods/bf2/levels\operation_hailmary\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas.tai
                      # 
                      # 
                      # <filename>		<atlas filename>, <atlas idx>, <woffset>, <hoffset>, <width>, <height>
                      # 
                      # Texture <filename> can be found in texture atlas <atlas filename>, i.e.,
                      # <group><idx>.dds with texture coordinates boundary given by:
                      #   A = ( <woffset>, <hoffset> )
                      #   B = ( <woffset> + <width>, <hoffset> + <height> )
                      # 
                      # where coordinates (0,0) and (1,1) of the original texture map correspond
                      # to coordinates A and B, respectively, in the texture atlas.
                      and change the name of the map if you want, it doesn't really matter because its all commented out and the computer won't read it while executing the game files.

Copy the eddited file into your maps overgrowth folder.

I made sure that I indeed had at least THREE check points. One for each team and one for them to fight over.

Once I had done the file edit I restarted the game and it worked. Please tell me if your s will do the same or feel free to ask me questions about this method.

Comment

Working...
                      X