Ancient Warfare mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancient Warfare mod?

I was wondering if anyone has thought of making a mod that took place before the 19th Century.

I mean, wouldn't it be cool to have an ancient warfare mod? With armies equipped with swords, spears and axes? Not to mention chariots

You could do Assyrians, Egyptians, Babylonians, Hittites etc.

I don't have time for this ATM but it was a random idea of mine

ummm...not sure how well that would work.
    probably better off playing a game designed for that.

Comment

What would be even better? A STARCRAFT MOD! Flying terran battleships and spaning as zerg defilers, human medics,........ That would be awesome. I think it would be similar to the Red Alert mod that's being developed.

Comment

Originally posted by Denigrate
        What would be even better? A STARCRAFT MOD! Flying terran battleships and spaning as zerg defilers, human medics,........ That would be awesome. I think it would be similar to the Red Alert mod that's being developed.
        oh yeah that would be kinda crazy

Comment

that sounds dumb runing around with swords and spears and killing people, wouldnt be much fun. and the snipers would be with arrows i guess. a future mod would cool

Comment

Pirates!

Comment

No. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper_13
                that sounds dumb runing around with swords and spears and killing people, wouldnt be much fun. and the snipers would be with arrows i guess. a future mod would cool
                i think i saw someone was working on a futuristic mod. forget what its called now...looked pretty cool.

hm...a Dune mod - ride sandworms and ornithopters, that would be cool.

Comment

BF2, which is mostly about shooting, might not be the best game to mod for ancient warfare. You'd have to have a more complicated melee system than the knife kill. You could have swords with different damage, but in the end, it's just one basic attack.

Comment

i'm not so sure how a hand to hand combat game would be .... everybody would be jumping once they get close to eachother. Already pisses me off when people jump when they are getting shot at

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner
                      Pirates!
                      Exactly

Comment

I think they need a mod featuring ninjas . Ninjas are really cool and they flip out all the time and kill people.

No, Really....

Comment

Originally posted by Megaraptor
                          I was wondering if anyone has thought of making a mod that took place before the 19th Century.

I mean, wouldn't it be cool to have an ancient warfare mod? With armies equipped with swords, spears and axes? Not to mention chariots

You could do Assyrians, Egyptians, Babylonians, Hittites etc.

I don't have time for this ATM but it was a random idea of mine
                          Probably the closest thing to this would be Rome Total War.

Spanning feudal Japan, the Roman era, Medieval Europe and 18th century France, the Total War series brings the past to life with a unique mix of turn-based strategy and real-time land and naval battles.

It's more of a strategy game/RPS than a FPS. You can have thousands of ancient troops hacking the cack out of each other. I've been a hardcore fan of the total war series and their latest efforts is a real beauty.

Comment

Working...
                          X