No announcement yet.

Logging in WITHOUT the accounts server.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging in WITHOUT the accounts server.

Point 1: The account server seems hopelessly unreliable, it is unavailable about 1 day a week on average. For a paying service this is completely unacceptable.

Point 2: I care more about playing this game than I do about ranks, medals and stats.

So, it seems entirely reasonable that we should be allowed to play this game with a default avatar rather than the so-called persistant one if the account server is down.
    Sure this might let a few people without legit accounts play for an evening, but this is a lesser evil than PREVENTING a million legitimate users accessing the service they have paid 30 or 40 quid for.

So, in conclusion; BOO to the accounts server, BOOOOO I say.

Yeah its very frustrating. I want to play the game I paid for whenever I want.

You would think that with the amout of copies they sold they would put a bit of effort into providing stable account servers. I would not mind so much if they said "right, 1 day a week for 2 hours we have to maintain our servers so please bear with us"

Plus because I could not log in last night I played till the wee hours of this morning and was late for work

Comment

I have never had a problem logging in. What happens?

Comment

Originally posted by DrMcleod
        Point 1: The account server seems hopelessly unreliable, it is unavailable about 1 day a week on average. For a paying service this is completely unacceptable.

Point 2: I care more about playing this game than I do about ranks, medals and stats.

So, it seems entirely reasonable that we should be allowed to play this game with a default avatar rather than the so-called persistant one if the account server is down.
        Sure this might let a few people without legit accounts play for an evening, but this is a lesser evil than PREVENTING a million legitimate users accessing the service they have paid 30 or 40 quid for.

what service are you paying for? you paid for the game, you don't pay any more after that.

if you were paying $15 a month to play like in a mmorpg, then you might have an excuse, but you aren't paying for any service.

Comment

"your connection to the accounts server has been refused"

I sit down, try to log in, and am unable to play - thats wtf happens, and it sucks. Had it happen 1-2 times yesterday, quite frustrating.

Oh, and I LOVE HOW YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR NAME.. We have several clan members that didn't put the tag in their acct name, and now its just plain stupid that they can't tag up in-game. I mean, wtf EA, you do realize that one of the top driving forces behind on-line gaming is Clans and warring. Thanks for thinking of us....meh.

Comment

Never had any problems logging on.

Comment

Originally posted by Wynterheart
              what service are you paying for? you paid for the game, you don't pay any more after that.

if you were paying $15 a month to play like in a mmorpg, then you might have an excuse, but you aren't paying for any service.
              Think of it like this.

You buy a car but at certain random times the engine does not work. You gonna be happy with that?

Comment

Originally posted by =PxR=TitanSound
                Think of it like this.

You buy a car but at certain random times the engine does not work. You gonna be happy with that?
                hehe. yah simliar. I like the default way. In other words, you "LOGIN" using EA's very, unstable system, so you can stat up and be superman, or "BYPAS" login, to play on servers, where your not included iin ranks for that time. That would be pretty cool. That way, when the system goes down you can still play.
                If EA keeps having these login problems, a "GREAT" mod comes out that isnt rank recognized, then EA's stats will be become fairly unpopulated. Unranked servers will be the rage again.

Comment

Originally posted by DrMcleod

I think its more to do with piracy, if they allowed people to play with no authentication then people with downloaded copies of bf2 could play all they liked.

Comment

Originally posted by big_sammy_b
                    I think its more to do with piracy, if they allowed people to play with no authentication then people with downloaded copies of bf2 could play all they liked.
                    Not necessarily, they could have easily had a cdkey or ID verification process during a map loading or server connection, just like with older games. I think they just wanted something of their own like steam, to track individual players, stats, and activity.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
                      "your connection to the accounts server has been refused"

I sit down, try to log in, and am unable to play - thats wtf happens, and it sucks. Had it happen 1-2 times yesterday, quite frustrating.

Oh, and I LOVE HOW YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR NAME.. We have several clan members that didn't put the tag in their acct name, and now its just plain stupid that they can't tag up in-game. I mean, wtf EA, you do realize that one of the top driving forces behind on-line gaming is Clans and warring. Thanks for thinking of us....meh.
                      Tagging up is for geeks anyway....

Ok, clanbait aside, I agree there should be a way to connect without dealing with the accounts server, especially if it's to an unranked server!

Comment

i have had the "refused" thing once... but all i had to do was hit login again and it worked fine... and yes... what happend to the "in game clan creation" thing i read about before the game came out... and the "supply lines" game mode... kind of off topic but conquest gets boring sometimes...

Comment

yes, you can log in WITHOUT connecting to the accounts server. it's called SINGLEPLAYER! when the account server is down but you still want to play, fire up bf2 and when you get the the log-on screen, click "manage accounts" and then at the top, click singleplayer and it will then ask you to create a singleplayer (offline) account (if you don't have one already). now, you can still play bf2 WITHOUT having to log-on to the crappy accounts server.

next time you fire up bf2, you will have TWO accounts prefixed with offline [youraccountname] (singleplayer account) and online [youraccountname] (multiplayer account).

Comment

Re: Logging in WITHOUT the accounts server.

Thanks for that info.

Comment

Re: Logging in WITHOUT the accounts server.

Originally posted by Gunner
                              Not necessarily, they could have easily had a cdkey or ID verification process during a map loading or server connection, just like with older games. I think they just wanted something of their own like steam, to track individual players, stats, and activity.
                              No, only if they logged in too there account on the auth servers. The thread starter wants too login without auth if they allowed that they'd be nothing too check your cd key etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X