Easiest way to hover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easiest way to hover?

ive tried letting go of the damn throttle and go into a semi hover. but i want to just stay over a flag without having to move. PLEASE HELP! btw i use mouse and keyboard.

Let go of all the WSAD keys except W (because the helo will sink slowly if you let it go completley) then try to move the mouse in a middle mode where it wont move forward, backwards nor to the sides very carefully, not rough.

btw I use mouse and keyboard too.

Comment

how about you just dont whore flags?

Comment

Get a joystick and all your trouble will be over.

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
          Get a joystick and all your trouble will be over.
          don't trust him silenttrigger

Comment

Ok Thanks

Comment

Joysticks are GRRRRRREAT for JET flying.. KB and mouse have NOTHING on it... but they suck ass big time for Helo's. I've yet to get a JS configured to actually be useful for a Helo

Comment

It really comes down to personal preference for flying controls. Personally I like to use just the keyboard for helicopters and I have found that I have much more control of pitch, yaw, throttle, etc. The only trick to it is to have fast fingers and a soft touch. I haven't tried using joystick for helicopters but im sure the throttle slide would be immensely useful for hovering (center the joystick and slide the throttle bar to a level of torque that euqals that necessary to counter the helicopter's weight and no more). I find that when I hover a heli such as a blackhawk or other transport I don't need to use the pitch and yaw controls as much as I do with the super cobra and other attack helicopters, due to their different handling characteristics...wish I could just show you...

Comment

YEs thanks

Comment

kb/mouse for helos, joystick for planes, seems to be the norm....

The bh and transport helos are hella easier to hover with vs. the attack choppers, so practice with them 1st....the attack helos are very responsive, so you'll have to be careful with controls...

most of it is in the mouse, keeping level, and the nose up a bit, though not so much that you start to go backwards....and from there I usually only tap the 'W' (P for a leftie like me lol) key every few seconds to keep it at a good height..... and don't get too low, otherwise some tank or C4'ing SF will be sending you back to spawn...

Comment

Don't use a optical mouse for steering a heli or plane. Mine has the odasity to sometimes flip all of a sudden due to a miniscule tiny eenweenypeeny hair thats in the lenz of the optical eye. Crashed me plane with that. That's why I always use keyboard. Not that it improves my flying but it sure is steady

Comment

I use joystick for JETS & HELO's.
                        I've configured Perfectly for both and have no trouble flying skilled missions with a good gunner for Helo.

Comment

Originally posted by SiLeNTrigger
                          ive tried letting go of the damn throttle and go into a semi hover. but i want to just stay over a flag without having to move. PLEASE HELP! btw i use mouse and keyboard.
                          you will ALWAYS move no matter what! either it's by slowly going forward, backward or sideways! you CANNOT hover and sit still in one place! you will always move!

so, the trick is to counter it. if you sense you're going backward slowly, point your nose down a LITTLE and hit w for 1-1.5 sec.

there is no such thing in bf2 as hovering to cap flag and not moving at all! you will always move to a direction very very very VERY slowly!

Comment

Working...
                          X