2+GB of ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2+GB of ram

i was just curious but what would happen if you had more than 2 gigs of ram... not that i could afford it cause i have to sell my paintball gun to buy a new vid card

Not a lot. You don't even need 2GB really as the most the game uses is about 1.4-1.5GB so you can get away with 1.5GB nicely. I've just gone from 1GB to 1.5GB and it runs really smooth now with no stuttering at all and drops out of the game straight away on exit. Anything more than 2GB just for something like BF2 or any game for that matter is a waste as it will be sat there doing nothing.

Comment

I use 4 gb in a xp64 setting, It alows me to run witout paging, with a SATA Raid config. Sure if you just go with the flow and are not wanting to push performance stick with what you know.

I only use this rig for bf2, I have a second power rig for audio and video work, A regular 2800 for normal stuff and a 64 bit lap top for work.

Cost is not an issue for 2 reasons. I build power user machines for a hobby, 1.5k in cost 2.2k in sale price. My parts supplier gives me good discount and I love building these machines. I have done 9 so far since BF2 came out, cha ching for the high specs

I work hard and have a great job. It takes all sorts to build a community, its just not always just the $

Comment

Working...
      X