The aviator stats should differ between Air-to-Air kills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The aviator stats should differ between Air-to-Air kills

I really think the Aviator stat boards should have two seperate boards for Air-To-Air kills (dogfighting) and Ground kills.

As it stands, looking at the Aviator score board, the best pilots are the ones who whore the bombers on big servers, obviously. Pretty much any player can do that. But actually getting Air to Air kills, shooting down other planes or helicopters actually takes some skill.

Even though the overall stats are fubared, I still think this would be a good idea for the Aviators.

im with ya there man!

Comment

Me too...it's really annoying for someone like me to get the Air-to-Air Kills and someone from the ground killing aircraft!

Comment

Plus if you don't do ground sweeps you wont get them guys crawling on enemy tanks.

I can't see my friends PERIOD, i only see the square around the tank and i bomb it it says i tked them, so i said sorry, didn't see you......"You were punished for team kill"

Comment

Originally posted by Baseline
          I really think the Aviator stat boards should have two seperate boards for Air-To-Air kills (dogfighting) and Ground kills.

As it stands, looking at the Aviator score board, the best pilots are the ones who whore the bombers on big servers, obviously. Pretty much any player can do that. But actually getting Air to Air kills, shooting down other planes or helicopters actually takes some skill.

Even though the overall stats are fubared, I still think this would be a good idea for the Aviators.
          Nice idea. They could also give more points for Air to Air action, since it can be harder.
          But man, I think you are going Don Kihoteh here (excuse my grammer, a non native English speaker here...).
          I noticed what you said too. I also noticed that I went dog fighting while a team mate would get stocks of points for bombing, while I'm saving his ass.
          So I almost stopped dog fighting. When I see an easy jet target - his gone. I go for choppers more now - BH can hold a nice amount of score goodies for you to brag about .
          If a jet starts shooting at me - he better hope his good and in a better plane (being good on the same or a worse jet, did not help so far - I was only taken down by the Mig 29 by two different pilots and by the SU34 while on the F15).
          And, it would be good to mention the difference in Air to Air capabilities between planes. Taking down Anything with the Mig29 or Chinese fighter is easier then with any other - so would it be fair that who ever got to the Mig first will win it all? This game tries it's best to be highly balanced. It does a very nice job.
          I think performance of the game it self and the internet bandwidth limit, means the statistics have to be limited to some extent.

Comment

agreed

Comment

do u guys then get a deduction in points for those ramming kills on my MI-28 ? :P

...being shot down is one thing, but ramming, ugh...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
                do u guys then get a deduction in points for those ramming kills on my MI-28 ? :P

...being shot down is one thing, but ramming, ugh...
                OK, I have to confence. I seem to have a problem with choppers. I never rammed into a chopper delibrtly. I can't explain how annoyed I get when I get killed in the jet, and suiciding means I die, so I never ram in purpose.
                However, the majorty of my dieing in jets were by TK and by chopper ramming. But, for a few days now I haven't rammed into anyone. But I'm not sure you can be calm about it. I got better in shooting down choppers. Now they explode wityout me getting killed. Ramming into them made me a better pilot, like bombing TK on accident made me a better pilot.
                And I'm really sorry if I have happend to ram into your chopper. I probably just wanted to stop and ask you how much you paid for the Mi28.

Comment

LOL

The MI-28 was free, but it involved some servitude in that damn MEC army....

The TK rams happen...what gets me is when I'm taking off (and I am always aware of the location of the runway) - and some 1337 pilot rolls in at 890 mph, rams, I get a TK, and he punishes me... uh yeah, I can move out of the way of ur jet....

And I understand ramming, and hell, in a war, ramming a loaded BH would be a cheap, but very effective strat......it just sucks to be on the receiving end of a ram

Comment

I'm not sorry for ramming your chopper. :P I do it all the time. If I'm at half health, out of missiles, with another plane on my a**, you better believe I'll take 6 kills from that BH.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
                      LOL

The MI-28 was free, but it involved some servitude in that damn MEC army....

The TK rams happen...what gets me is when I'm taking off (and I am always aware of the location of the runway) - and some 1337 pilot rolls in at 890 mph, rams, I get a TK, and he punishes me... uh yeah, I can move out of the way of ur jet....

And I understand ramming, and hell, in a war, ramming a loaded BH would be a cheap, but very effective strat......it just sucks to be on the receiving end of a ram
                      Ah, TK ramming only happend to me once. Maybe twice in case my memory fails me. And I would punish for a TK when I'm in the jet. Always. I'm loosing it when I try to keep my death toll low in the jet. It is as if I become the jet...me and the jet become one. OK Guy, time for the daily pill dose.
                      I try to be more careful near airbase and pull away on the site of a chopper. But you should be careful too, and remeber, that instent movments can cause the crash. So on the site a friendly jet near base - if you aren't moving - don't start moving, and if you are - don't change hights or speed. Usualy this is when you'll crash with the jet, since he tries to pick an alititude and a direction where he thinks you aren't going to head too. If you suprise him - well, suprise suprise! Its Grim ripper himself!
                      But, I do know there are tons of jet loons or jets noobs, so if you know they are - just get the hell out of there before they do some damage.
                      But I guess we don't know until we die with them :cry:

Comment

Working...
                      X