Buying a new system and need opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a new system and need opinions

My brother and I are splitting our money to buy a good system to play Battlefiled 2. We share a room and constally fight over who gets to paly. We have another system that we share but we want a really good system that we can split the time on. This computer here is already $150 over budget but we will make do. So how is this system and what will it get? Now we aready lookes at the 7800GTX but we just cannot afford to put that in. Thanks in advance

Old system specs:
    XFX FX5500 256MB
    Some Dell Mobo
    intel Pentium 4 2.4
    300 Watt PSU
    512MB Ram
    WD 80GB HDD
    Internal Sound

New system specs:
    GIGABYTE GA-8I955X Royal
    connect3D X850XTPE 256MB
    intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz Prescott
    Antec 500 Watt Power Supply
    Patriot 1GB DDR400 PC3200
    WD 200GB SATA II HDD
    Creative SB Audigy2 ZS

looks good youll probally get high but im not too sure.

Comment

i suggest you go with AMD theres a LOT more bang for the buck out of there cpus, youll need atleast 1.5 gigs ram. X850xt is a good card but id wait for like a month for the new ones to come so you can either get x850xt for cheaper or pay same for nicer card. If you do decide on x850xt id just go with non-pe pretty much same except clocks which can be changend newho. same goes for soundcard creatives new core is comming soon, XFI is what it is i think. people who have used it say its a huge jump from the last line.

Comment

My recomendation is that you wait. The Athlon64x2 3800+ is coming out soon, and will be much more affordable then the current dual core processors out right now.

Also, instead of the X850XT PE (which I have, and by no means is a bad card) I would recommend the 7800GTX.

This means you will have to switch your motherboard. I recomend the Asus AN8-SLi Deluxe, one of the hottest boards on the market right now.

Comment

I think he said he couldn't afford the 7800GTX Enless of course he is looking in all of the wrong places

EDIT: Yes! Made it to 200 posts

Comment

Originally posted by Snake101
            I think he said he couldn't afford the 7800GTX Enless of course he is looking in all of the wrong places

EDIT: Yes! Made it to 200 posts
            But if he waits until the 3800 comes out, walla, 7800 will come down in price.

Comment

Working...
            X