Shooting mines and claymores...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting mines and claymores...

Is it me, or is this the only game that won't allow players to detonate mines and claymores by shooting them with your weapon??

I have been in several situations that I just needed to clear a few mines off a bridge or something and there is NO way to do it unless you have an engineer (which are hard to come by)....

Does anyone else find this annoying?

ya. at least throwing a grenade and having it blow up the explosive should do something

Comment

ive thought about this aswell.

i think that a 50. Cal weapon, the mounted gun on tanks and and trucks, and the M95 should be able to detonate mines. But i guess thats one of the idea of having different classes having different responsibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by raceacontari
        ya. at least throwing a grenade and having it blow up the explosive should do something
        Exactly...

Comment

u cant trigger a mine with a gun, its triggered by lots and lots of presure so a bullet wont trigger it. and a claymore u would be able to cause anything that moves in front of it exploeds so a bullet is enough.

Comment

C4 is inempt (sp?) meaning you cant detonate it by shooting it.

There's C4 in claymores, and probably in the AT mines. So shooting them won't do anything, grenades either. You can set it off by setting it on fire and then hitting it with something though.

Comment

Actually you CAN NOT detonate c4 by burning it or hitting it. C4 is a farely safe substance. You can even light it on fire and cook with it. I've heard of soldiers in various situations using c4 cook with when nothing else was availible to them. Hitting it does absolutely nothing as well. C4 requires an extremely high amount of energy to detonate i.e. some other type of explosive device. Primer etc....

Comment

yea there should be another way to detonate c4 or a claymore

Comment

if its a claymore chances are some idiot teamate of the person who planted it will get to it before one of ur guys so just wait a little, its like the red skull is one of those bug zappers.....course they gotta punish to

Comment

Solution, Be an Engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by SmilingRaccoon
                      if its a claymore chances are some idiot teamate of the person who planted it will get to it before one of ur guys so just wait a little, its like the red skull is one of those bug zappers.....course they gotta punish to

if you accidentaly hit the left alt key, it will make the indicators disappear

Comment

regardless of what is 'realistic' with c4, i don't think you should just be able to blow it up, that would sort of defeat the purpose. i drive tanks a lot & play as an engy so i see both sides of the argument, and I know it would practically negate the importance of mines if one could just back up, shoot at them, and then move in. while mines are great for killing n00bs who don't understand the big red skull icon, they're best for preventing enemy vehicles from rushing into a heavily contested capture point, or for protecting your flanks from roaming enemies. in situations like these, mines would be absolutely worthless if they could be easily destroyed.

now if one or two other classes (ie spec ops) could clear mines, that might be ok. although in turn, engies should be able to clear C4 and claymores

Comment

Originally posted by histoplasmosis
                          Actually you CAN NOT detonate c4 by burning it or hitting it. C4 is a farely safe substance. You can even light it on fire and cook with it. I've heard of soldiers in various situations using c4 cook with when nothing else was availible to them. Hitting it does absolutely nothing as well. C4 requires an extremely high amount of energy to detonate i.e. some other type of explosive device. Primer etc....
                          Actually, it can be detonated by being set on fire. You just need enough of it.

A piece the size of your thumbnail will have enough heat to cook with. You need about 1lb or more to actually get an explosion.

Comment

I wanna know why I can't pick my C4 charges back up. Sometimes I'll go to set them up and no enemy shows up. So what are my options? Blow them up and be without C4 for awhile or leave them there and possibly blow up a friendly by accident?

Comment

Originally posted by PsychePsyche
                              C4 is inempt (sp?) meaning you cant detonate it by shooting it.

There's C4 in claymores, and probably in the AT mines. So shooting them won't do anything, grenades either. You can set it off by setting it on fire and then hitting it with something though.

it has sensor that triggers it , so if u shoot a buller in front of it or at it itl trigger.

Comment

Working...
                              X