An idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An idea

I know that Dice/EA dont read this forum, but it's still a good place to discuss our bright ideas.

Heres my idea: When you are in a red circle (aka arty zone), your screen should
    kinda keep flashing, maybe with a count down untill the strike.Well of cource this is only for your commander's arty, and it should prevent a lot of TK's if you play as a commander, saving you lots of points because only 1/50 forgives for his own mistake.

I don't think you need anything more. There is an annoucement the commander gives automatically when arty is coming, after you get used to the timing, you should be able to avoid it.

Although, I occasionally get hit by arty, even when outside of the red triangle. This is because some times you are chasing down an enemy, and you have to neglect the mini map for a few seconds, or you may be low on HP and the splash damage gets you. I never punish though, that no one should do.

Comment

i dont know about the screen flashing but, i know how they have a red skull when you're close to a mine, i think they can do the same thing is artillery is coming down. like have little red cannon or something.

but nothing is really NEEDED, since you hear "Artillery Your Area!" and if that isnt enough, when your screen starts to shake thats another warning to get the hell out haha.

Comment

Well my main concern was when i shot arty down on a sea of enemies, and yelled "arty your area" to every squad, but somehow 2 teammates managed to wonder in, and ignoring all my messages like "MOVE FOR GODS SAKES ALREADY".

They still both decided it would be a good idea to teach me a lesson and press a punish button.

edit: I always never punish for commanders arty, becase i feel like its my fault for not looking on the minimap. I just dont know why only a small % forgives.

Comment

I think there should actually be some responsibility left up to the player as to where he/she is on the map. Alot of people just deliberately stay in the area of an artillery barrage. How far must we go? Sooner or later people will want a stretch limo to roll up, filled with playmates, and the driver step out and say "Excuse me sir but there will be an artillery barrage coming down here in a few moments can I take you out of the area".
          I think artillery should just kill peeps and not be a teamkill. To some extent that is, if deliberate, the teammates killed should be able to create a poll between them and votekick.

Comment

i just hope EA fixes the lame punishments in that upcoming patch.

Comment

Originally posted by [i]_Bleed_to_Death
              Well my main concern was when i shot arty down on a sea of enemies, and yelled "arty your area" to every squad, but somehow 2 teammates managed to wonder in, and ignoring all my messages like "MOVE FOR GODS SAKES ALREADY".

They still both decided it would be a good idea to teach me a lesson and press a punish button.

edit: I always never punish for commanders arty, becase i feel like its my fault for not looking on the minimap. I just dont know why only a small % forgives.
              Oh, Isn't that true. You warn them it's coming and to stay away and some genius still manages to walk right into it and then has the audacity to punish for a TK when it's their lame ass fault. I make sure not to drop it when their are members of my team near, but sometimes **** happens.

Comment

If you are in your own commanders arty it should show "You Are An Idiot Get The **** Out Of Here Right Now"

Comment

Originally posted by Fatman
                  i dont know about the screen flashing but, i know how they have a red skull when you're close to a mine, i think they can do the same thing is artillery is coming down. like have little red cannon or something.

but nothing is really NEEDED, since you hear "Artillery Your Area!" and if that isnt enough, when your screen starts to shake thats another warning to get the hell out haha.

I may be wrong but that warning isnt automatic, as a commander its in the little drop down list of preset radio message ("UAV is available" "rebuke squad" etc) so you can select the relevant squads to notify, as its a little tricky so get it 100% right quick enough to to be useful, i always just select all the squads and issue the warning quickly 3 times (i can think of many more annoying things as a player then looking at the minimap for a split second, so i dont feel too guilty) however lone wolfs never get this of course, as they dont hear the commander and im not even 100% sure if the squad members do either.

The only warning that everyone gets for sure, is the red minimap sign, which should be enough, but we have all gone been in combat and not spotted it about to come down on our heads, even if you have never run into it before it actually fires (made that mistake the first few days) but if that happens all the half-decent players will simply blame themselves not the commander and forgive, the ones that punish you cant do anything about anyway so just forget about them, those are the players that punish for driving over your mines and you couldnt possibly give any extra warning than that

I say just add that "ARTILLERY, YOUR AREA!" command to everyone within TWICE the radius of the strike as an automatic thing, even for people that run into it after it has fired, it shouldnt be too spammy as its quick, but limit it to 2 per person just in case. as i said i might be wrong, but i fully admit to missing the minimap, but i swear when i get friendly artillery in the face i very rarely get that message, plus it dosent make too much sense to have the command manual if its automatic?

Comment

Normally when you call in a AS your groups sit back till the strike is over. Oh yeah I forgot some people don't like to play squads damn.... Guess people like working outside the norm.

Comment

ONce they fix TK punish all will be good.

Comment

What i hate is the fuc*tards who are in a VEHICLE and get out during an arty strike. I saw a tank trying to cap a base that was getting gangbanged by like 4 AT guys so i artyed his postion to help him out (arty does little dammage to a tank) and when the arty starts fallin i kill all of the AT guys...but this moron gtes scared and jumps out of the tank!...right into the arty......
                        damn

Comment

Originally posted by [i]_Bleed_to_Death
                          I know that Dice/EA dont read this forum
                          Actually, they do. Quite often.

Comment

Yup, they read these forums a lot.

Comment

Well, you know that overhead speech you hear when you fly out of bounds: "Where are you going soldier? Return to your post, or you will be shot!"

I think we've all heard it at least a few times. We need something like that for artillery, claymores, and mines.

"What are you doing solider? Get away from that claymore, or your death will not be missed."
                              "Where are you going soldier? Back away from the artillery, or you will be be hit!"

Most people don't notice text on the screen, and having some voice instruct you, or even a blaring alarm would really help.

I mean, most of the times you accidently run into artillery, you completely forgot to check the minimap and see the glowing red thing. But if you heard a loud "BRRR BRR BRRR BRRR", you'd go "oops, let me back up".

~Salad

Comment

Working...
                              X