Need New Computer Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need New Computer Suggestions

I'm about to build a whole new computer since I've finally started having trouble playing these new games on high quality...specifically BF2. What I mainly need help with is suggestions on graphics cards (where to get the best deal, most powerful, etc) I've already decided on a clear acrylic blue case and now I'm looking into a water cooling system. I'm wondering if it's worth it, I know it looks pretty cool but is it worth the work.

What is your budget ^^?

Comment

Well right now I would say Ive got a pretty high budget, but I dont want to overspend.

Comment

I would say your best bet is to get your stuff on Newegg.com

Comment

NewEgg.com is the best place for people in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by IRWolfy
            I'm about to build a whole new computer since I've finally started having trouble playing these new games on high quality...specifically BF2. What I mainly need help with is suggestions on graphics cards (where to get the best deal, most powerful, etc) I've already decided on a clear acrylic blue case and now I'm looking into a water cooling system. I'm wondering if it's worth it, I know it looks pretty cool but is it worth the work.

If you watercool, please don't buy a kit. Make your own custom one. http://www.dangerden.com/ for watercooling stuff.

Comment

Monarchcomputer has the best prices on everything, I ordered from there and everything came a day early.

Not only does Monarch not charge tax, but their prices are better.

Comment

Online tax only really applies in a few states....

Comment

tell me your budget and ill buid you a monster one..

Comment

Just one word of advice here...always go custom

Comment

Yeah I do plan to go totally custom with this. Building from scratch basically. I can't give you a definate budget though, whatever happens, happens.
                      My goal is getting to use the high quality setting for video in my online play. Right now I'm stuck on low since it's the only setting not holding me back from the horrid lag.

So I'm looking into vid cards right now.
                      MSI RX850XT-VT2D256E

$489

Asus Extreme AX850XT/2DHTV

$509

Aopen Aeolus 6800GT-DV256

$375

Geforce 6600 GT OC

$200

Anyone got any useful info on any of these? Or maybe better suggestions?
                      BTW the links have been very helpful.

Comment

Why would you even consider paying $500 for any ATI card when the 7800 gtx is out...

Comment

Originally posted by djstubbs
                          Why would you even consider paying $500 for any ATI card when the 7800 gtx is out...
                          Ya, go for the 7800GTX if you have that much money, if you want a PCI-e X850XT it's only 400 bucks at newegg.com, PC world only sees the retail prices, they don't go on newegg.com

Comment

See sig for details of an excellent BF2 rig...

I play 1600 x 1200 with 4 x aa and 8 x af and 90 fps average most maps.

Comment

Working...
                            X