I'm playing Battlefield 2 all on High settings and with 2x AA on

I have:

AMD Athlon XP 3000+
    ATI Radeon x850 XT Pe
    2GB Corsair XMS pc3200 ram
    Abit nf7 v2.0 motherboard
    Maxtor 250GB 16MB cache HD
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card

What's slowing me down? My PC chokes at times, it's annoying.

Its most likely lag dude, you're h/w is more than capable, do the obvisous stuff...latest drivers for everything, defrag, install BF2 on non O/S HDD, reg clean, anti virus, spyware clean.....etc etc

Comment

turn off xfire
      increase agp apperture to 256 or 512

Comment

God damn, stop posting your specs, they're making me jealous.

My rig:
        HP Pavilion 364n
        512MB RAM
        128MB 9800Pro
        2.4GHz P4

Comment

What resolution are your playing at?

Comment

Originally posted by T1no
            increase agp apperture to 256 or 512
            yup, this one did it for me. it's in your BIOS setting. mine was set to 16 and i upped it to 256. also, i set the pci latency of my graphics card from 32 to 64 and now i don't get any more lagging or stuttering during gameplay.

Comment

Got nearly the same setup except the CPU and have no problems, had some problems running 1GB of ram with xfire running so i binned xfire and got another Gig of ram been running sweet ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by j4k3
                yup, this one did it for me. it's in your BIOS setting. mine was set to 16 and i upped it to 256. also, i set the pci latency of my graphics card from 32 to 64 and now i don't get any more lagging or stuttering during gameplay.
                i'll have to try this. my agp aperture is at 128.

my specs:
                AMD 64 3400 @ 2.4 ghz
                2 GB DDR 2700 or 3200 RAM
                BFG Geforce 6800 OC 128 MB
                Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
                The game is running from a 250 GB 7200 RPM SATA drive, non-OS drive.
                I run at 1280x960 resolution (the highest)

If i turn everything on high the game is unplayable. I think I have tectures set to medium and lighting to med and shadows to low and it works fine.
                Also, what affects the fog distance? i have visibility set to 100%.

Comment

hey i'm getting a new computer and a ATi radeon X850 XT, how well do they perform? out of 10

Comment

Originally posted by Sna ppy
                    hey i'm getting a new computer and a ATi radeon X850 XT, how well do they perform? out of 10

The X850XT is the fastest AGP card you can get for now.

Anyway, why set your PCI latency of yoru graphics card? Are you using a PCI card? Or am I missing something here?

Comment

i changed my AGP aperture from 128 to 512 and now I can run everything on the Highest settings with no problems!! thanks for that tip! agp aperture is in your bios settings.

Comment

AMD 3200+ Winchester
                        MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum PCI-e
                        2gb Corsair XMS PC3200
                        ATI X800XL
                        SB Audigy 2 ZS Gamer
                        TT PurePower 560W PSU

I run everything on full and get 35-45 FPS online.

Comment

Games quite a few bugs here and there causing memory leaking. can't wait till they get the 1.3 patch up.... hurry up damnit!

Comment

most likely your processor is a lil behind the times.

Comment

Originally posted by phen0m
                              most likely your processor is a lil behind the times.
                              my system and the original poster's system are pretty good. i think i have a better processor than he does but its definitely not our hardware.

like i said before, raising agp aperture size fixed mine. basically the agp aperture size is how much ram you want to share with your video card. if you have a lot of ram, then setting it high (mine's at 512, the highest it will let me go) won't hurt. i can now run the game with all settings on their highest settings at 1280 x 960 (highest resolution) with visibility to 100% with no problem. the game actually seems to run smoother now.

so if you have a good system and you can't run BF2 on the highest settings, raise your agp aperture size in your bios and that might fix it.

Comment

Working...
                              X