New Map: *Name Still To Be Decided*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Map: *Name Still To Be Decided*

Well, it's another thread about making a new map, but I'm sure all you members aren't dissapointed.

This map is going to be another part of the Daqing Oilfields map. It will be based in the jungle to the north of the continent, and it will consist of mostly jungle. I have drawn a rough sketch in paint so you can get an idea of what I am talking about...

*UPDATE*

*OLD SKETCH*

It will consist of two upcappable bases (US Main, and China Main). there will be a river running through the middle (shown in blue), that will run through a camp (shown in light grey) that is the focal point of the map. Both teams will go for the camp at the begining of the map, because of its great defense. If a team has that control point, they will have enormous control of the map. There are also two cappable points at the other two corners of the map. There will be no armor vehicles, except a buggy at the camp in the middle. For all you infantry people, this is your map. I will try and post as many updated screenshots as possible as I get working on this map. I will also post an updated sketch with a lot more detail tomorrow. Please respond telling me your feelings on my upcomming map...

WOW amazing i cannot wait to test this map, seems good. Hurry up!!! lmao jk

Comment

Do you mean just kidding on the "WOW amazing.." part or the "hurry up.." part?

Comment

You can use the context of his post to figure it out. He is just kidding when he tells you to hurry up.

Comment

No one else is interested in my map?

Comment

Sounds like a good, solid idea. Nothing can really go wrong with balance.

You might want to think hard about snipers and the role they'll play in this map though.

Comment

Many different kits are going to be good for this map. Snipers will have good advantages if they are in the thick forest, they will also be able to lay claymores down as traps. They will not be safe, however, because many people will be walking through the forest in search of a safe route to the next control point. Hopefully I can make the forest how I want to make it. Not some fruity 20 trees, I'm talking about thick, dense, dark forests, with the occational clearing...

Comment

I have updated the "paint" picture with a more acurate rendition of what the map is going to look like. Even though it's similiar to what I want the map to look like, there will be many changes along the way. I will continue on the map for now, and perhaps start posting some screenshots this weekend...

Comment

IMO the two corner bases should be moved more towards the middle, otherwise both armies enter the bases from the same side. Sure it makes some nice chokepoints but looks worse in terms of design, in my opinion.

Comment

I don't under stand what you're talking about...

Which corner bases?

Comment

Golfing map :laugh: Hehe looks nice anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X