Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Keeps hard rebooting

Right....

I dunno whats going on with BF2 but its making me crazy.

I will fire it up and join a server. I can play for 10-20 mins then my PC will reboot. I will join again and then the same thing will happen sometimes happening quicker. It can happen up to 5 times and then I am OK for a few hours.

It started about 4 weeks ago before the patch (The proper one) was out. The said patch was released and everything was fine again for about 2 weeks. It just started again recently.

System spec:

AMD64 3200 S939
    XFX Nvidia 6600GT 128MB
    1GB PC3200 DDR RAM

Graphics drivers are the Nvidia ones that came with the BF2 Install DVD.

If you can help it would be greatly appreciated

try uninstalling the bf2 drivers and then restart comp and try reinstalling 77.72 from nvidias website.

Comment

Join the crowd. Same issues, different config (ATI Card). Thought I had it resolved last night because I was able to play for an unprecedented 4 hours without a reboot but no... Let us know if you are able to resolve the issue.

Drivie

Comment

I have the same problems. It's really giving you a blue screen error, but you have to turn off automatically restart to see it, and I can't remember where to do that.

I installed some ATI drivers for my motherboard a couple days ago and haven't had the problem yet, but that doesn't mean it isn't going to happen again.

I have basically the same setup as you too.

AMD 64 3200+
        MSI ATI Radeon Xpress 200 PCIe motherboard.
        BFG 6600gt OC PCIe 128mb
        1 gig of DDR RAM

I've had a couple people tell me to make sure my motherboard drivers are up to date.

And different driver versions don't help either.

Comment

Did anyone ever think that it might be heat/PSU issues?

Comment

Yup, I'm thinking your PSU is crap. Heat could be causing it, but most systems will just throttle back if they get too hot.

Comment

Mine isn't overheating, and I have a 420w PSU. And I didn't fix the problem, it's still hapening and EA tech support is utter crap.

Comment

Perhaps try it all from scratch. That is uninstall BF2, remove the stuff from your My Documents folder, search the registry. Then defrag, virus, spyware scans. Uninstall your video drivers, clean them, install the latest drivers. Update your sound and motherboard drivers, double check to make sure your firewall and router allow BF2 to play through. Then re-install BF2 and apply the v1.02 patch only.

Comment

What is the +12V rating of your powersupply unit? what amperage.

Comment

Haha, I really like these people that get ATI chipsets and then put a Nvidia graphics card. You do realise you're giving up a performance boost by doing that?

Match the video card maker with the chipsets and you get like a 10% boost or something.

Comment

Usually a fresh install will solve these pesky problems!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snake101
                        That what is sounds like to me.

Comment

i Have a friend with the same trouble we have dropped a 500W into it to no avail ... next stop i think is the temp settings in the cmos.. its about the only thing we havvnt tried. ill post here if it cures it

Comment

Originally posted by Snake101
                            Well I did think about the heat issue but I went 2 weeks without the problem occuring, plus it will reboot 2/3 times then I can play fine for 3-4 hours. I also opened up the case and checked all cards and stuff were seated properly.

Dont think its the PSU as its a fairly decent one, Enermax Noisetaker 370w.

I will try un-installing and cleaning up my system, reinstalling drivers etc.

Thanks for your suggestions guys, I will post when I have tried to sort it out and let you know if it worked

Comment

sounds like ATI's atidiag gpu reboot failsafe mode is striking again! :hmm:

try using omega drivers, a friend of mine says they are a bit more stable, altho his will play for a few days, then reboot repeatdly for no apparent reason,
                              also if your mobo has an VIA chipset, theres your problem right there, they are imcompatible with ATi, altho i cant see why it should happen with an nvidia based card

Comment

Working...
                              X