Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fix to Overgrowth bug and Blocky Textures in the distance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix to Overgrowth bug and Blocky Textures in the distance.

Ok to start of to get rid of the overgrowth error that some of you might get. Just simply delete the overgrowth folder in your Map folder. Solves the problem right there. (if you have already packed up your map delete the overgrowth out of the zip file.

For getting rid of blocky Textures in the distance and close even its pretty simple.
    1 Load your map in the Editor.
    2 Go to Terrain Editor.
    3 Go to the paint textures tool
    4 Go to the Texture box on the right and go down to the bottom.
    5 Above Undergrowth you will see Low Detail Texture
    6 Click on "set low detail texture" button.
    7 Choose the texture that shows up in the popup menu.
    8 Press Ok.
    9 Press the "Generate Low Detailmap"
    10 your done!

Its that simple. It will get rid of the blockiness in your textures from close to far range.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

does this work for dynamic shadows cast by models?

Comment

It should I'll check on it tomorrow when I wake up or someone else can do it. Its 5:44Am here and ive been up trying to fix this for ya guys.

EA still has alot of bugs to fix in their game and tools so if it doesnt work for Dynamic Shadows cast by models then its something EA needs to fix and I would recommend emailing them to let them know.

Comment

cool let us know how you get on anyway, good work btw

Comment

Hi.None of your sullotions worked for me.The folder you talking about,i dont find it anywere. And the Blocky Textures thing dosent work either. Hope you can help me with this. //Perell..

Comment

'6 Click on "set low detail texture" button.
            7 Choose the texture that shows up in the popup menu.
            8 Press Ok.
            9 Press the "Generate Low Detailmap"'

It doesn't seem to help with the horrid in-game textures. Was there supposed to be any indication that you just generated a detailmap, or does it just 'happen?'

Comment

Ihave done 6-9steps several times.and i still dosent work.what is Horrid in-games textures?

Comment

it says DefaultLowDetails in the popup menu. is this right?

Comment

Also make sure you are compiling your Lightmaps Envmaps and all the atlas' each time.

And yet another thing make sure your selecting the Default Low detailtexture .dds file that it shows you. Then press Ok. Then generate it then save all.

It is to fix the blocky textures ingame not in the editor. Nothings gonna fix that. Thats hard programmed in for some odd reason.

Comment

now you told me something i havent done and dont know how to do. could you please give me an detaild "to do list"
                    //Perell

Comment

For compiling the atlas' just go to Compile on the menu and Compile everything on the list. It might take abit and Overgrowth might give you an error but if so just follow my instructions from before.

Comment

Originally posted by TAW_DaSniper
                        It is to fix the blocky textures ingame not in the editor. Nothings gonna fix that. Thats hard programmed in for some odd reason.

I'm having the opposite problem...I can get it looking quite un-blocky in the editor, but it still looks blocky in-game. And there's no response when I click the "Generate Low Detailmap" button...nothing happens at all..

I made it look less blocky by increasing the LoD switch distance...still looks rubbish in-game, though.

I'm not sure I regenerated all the lightmaps and things though...that might be my problem. I'll give it another go.

Comment

For those of you who still don't have it working, I've added a couple of steps to DaSniper's list (4-6):

For getting rid of blocky Textures in the distance and close even its pretty simple.
                          1 Load your map in the Editor.
                          2 Go to Terrain Editor.
                          3 Go to the paint textures tool
                          4 Select one of your used layers
                          5 In the tweakerbar change "LowDetailType" to 1 [image]
                          6 Make sure all other layers are on "LowDetailType 1"
                          7 Go to the Texture box on the right and go down to the bottom.
                          8 Above Undergrowth you will see Low Detail Texture
                          9 Click on "set low detail texture" button.
                          10 Choose the texture that shows up in the popup menu.
                          11 Press Ok.
                          12 Press the "Generate Low Detailmap"
                          13 your done!

Comment

Originally posted by Ramseus
                            5 In the tweakerbar change "LowDetailType" to 1 [image]
                            6 Make sure all other layers are on "LowDetailType 1"

Aha, mine always said zero, not one. I'll give that a go, cheers!

Comment

woops thanks Ramseus. It was extremely late when I wrote that and totally forgot it.

Comment

Working...
                              X