Removing fog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing fog?

hey guys, i was wondering if somebody can explain me how to remove some of the fog density (not completely, of course) from strike karkand, i play only in SP so there's no problem, the problem is that im using an FX5200, so.. the "fog" effect its not present at all, is just like a brown cover :S u know? so i was wondering if someone could teach me

Did this to Gulf of Oman to see if the terrain was tiles, or if it was noise generated terrain still continuing on. I'm sure it will work with Songhua as well..

Open ...\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\Levels\Gulf_of_Oman\server.zip

In the init.con, near the bottom, there is a line that says

Code:
    GameLogic.MaximumLevelViewDistance 400

This defines how far anything will be drawn. There must be something else changed however. You can have this setting at 10,000 with all the terrain drawn, but the fog will still cover it. Change this to whatever you like. I used 2000 the first time and 10000 the second. Save this file somewhere easy to find such as your desktop. Delete the original sky.con in the zip and replace it with the modified one.

Open the sky.con and look for a line that says

Code:
    Renderer.fogStartEndAndBase 0.00/450.00/0.25/0.50

0.00/450.00/0.25/0.50

This is the imporant part. The first part (0.00) defines when the fog starts. The second is the one we want. (450.00) is when the fog ends. Change this (450.00) to match what you had wrote in the init.con.

Save both of these files and pack them back up into the server.zip.

Comment

Hi , in
      ...\Battlefield 2 \Levels\Strike_at_Karkand\Server.zip

Init.con -> Gamelogic.MaximumLevelViewDistance
      Sky.con -> Renderer.fogStartEndAndBase

you should tweak a little bit

hehe, someone was faster

Comment

nice!!! thank's a lot guys, im gonna give it a try

Comment

Working...
        X