Whats wrong gun jammed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats wrong gun jammed ?

I was playing on karkand earlier and part almost all of my team was support and medics and they werent even shooting guns they just had medic packs and ammo packs. WTF shoot something we are standing around and trying to stop an attack but there just trying to get points. Thats great i drop ammo in key spots then i unload lead. I know they were only going for points dont try and convince me they were trying to help. I know they are only after points they wont even use there guns, HELP your team Please

They do help up to a point but its obvious that they just do it for the points because at the end of the day everyone just wants to get points because what do points mean........prizes!(sorry about that bit)

Comment

would you like to be healed and revived by medics doing their job our would you rather have the medics running around killing and healing themselves running over your dead corpse.

same goes with support.

Comment

Replying to the title, once i was on karkand shooting and my rifle's mag ran down to 0, but i still had some in reserve but it just wasnt reloading, and R didnt work either it just clicked when i shot and got killed, which was really weird.

Comment

I would rather have my support be ammo suppliers first and fighters second. But and it is a big but, there is a giant difference between keeping my ammo supplied and running around point whoring. The same things apply to being a medic. When I am a medic, I keep my team ressed and healed and also contribute to fighting and base capturing. I don't run around ressing people even though they will die in 2 secs, before they can even fire a shot. Medic and Support are given guns because they should use them.

Comment

By creating the point/rank system they did, EA inadvertantly made what you're describing more worthwhile. What is the sense in trying to win the round when you can get more points/badges/awards by doing your own thing which is usually detrimental to the team.

Introducing the teamwork aspect was a great idea, however, the current point system negates any semblance of teamplay on most servers. Why should I help you defend our team's flag when I can hover over the enemies spawnkilling in my BH and get two or three times as many points? While I know that example may not be entirely accurate, it is an example of what I've been finding on the majority of servers.

The usual response I see on these and other forums is "Join a squad". I tried that, and I'm afraid that it was near pointless. For every one decent squad, there seem to be another eight or so worthless ones. I find little use in being part of a squad when the squad leader fails to give orders. On the rare occassion that the SL does issue an order, maybe 1/3 of the squad participates. This is all generally speaking of course.

Unfortunately, it somes down to this. So long as there are badges/awards and whatnot to achieve through ineffectual playing, you will continue to encounter this sort of thing.

My only advice is that you find another server to play on.

My only hope is that one day soon the rank/point/award epidemic will subside, and we can get to some real playing.

Just my opinion, of course.

Comment

No-one will ever play how you want them to play. Yes, they should probably be fighting, and yes, they are padding for points, but at the end of the day it's just a game and there are plenty of other servers with other gamers on them........

Comment

I think people will stop caring as much about points after most people get their second unlock. The distances between unlocks will become so big that the benefits of point whoring become really far away.

Comment

Originally posted by BobLong
                  I think people will stop caring as much about points after most people get their second unlock. The distances between unlocks will become so big that the benefits of point whoring become really far away.
                  Agreed. The only question then will be whether or not they decide to become teamplayers, or just get bored with playing and instead focus on making others miserable.

Comment

Working...
                  X