New Computer Time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Computer Time...

I have aobut $1600 to spend on a new system. I dont want to build another one as I have been busy lately. Well how about this computer? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883102627 ABS ULTIMATE M5-64 Pro. Looks good and the price isent bad. Opinions?
    Basic Specifications:
    AMD Athlon 64 3500+
    1GB Corsair Xtreme
    200GB 8M SATA HDD
    16X DVD±R/±RW Drive
    GeForce 6800 GT/256MB
    Windows XP Pro

i built the system in my sig for 1100 dollars, w/o monitor and soundcard and speakers.

In the market for a new computer? eCollegePC provides high end, custom computer systems with quality technical support at the best prices! Build your own.

click custom builder on left

all the way down to AMD PCI-E

you could build an AWESOME system with 1600 dollars (probly sli 6800 ultra's)

Comment

This is what I just built real quick, without messing around to try to find some cheaper prices

3500+ Athlon 64 CPU Retail Box with Fan
      AMD Heatsink and Fan Included
      ASUS A8N-SLI Premium (nForce4SLI, 1394, Serial ATA Raid, Sound, LAN 2xPCIEx)
      2GB (1GBx2) Corsair Select PC3200 DDR400 Memory
      160GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA150
      52x24x52CDRW + 16X CDRW/DVD Combo Drive w/NERO,PowerDVD
      256MB nVidia GeForce 6800GT PCI Express DVI/Tvout
      256MB nVidia GeForce 6800GT PCI Express DVI/Tvout
      450watt Black Neon BCC-712-4HLW Mid Tower ATX 2 fans temp dispaly (4 5.25, 4 3.5 bays)
      Onboard LAN included
      Onboard Sound included
      600watt Okia Dual Fan Power Supply
      Standard 1 year parts and labor

$1675

More RAM than that computer you posted, 2 of the cards you posted

Comment

Well I was thinking of building my own, but I have already done it 2 times so its not fun anymore. I have been way to busy. I get home fro work at 10:00PM and play BF2 till 12:00. ime to build. I just want to plug and play.

Comment

With that SLi config, I doubt you will need 2 gigs of RAM. Drop it to 1GB, and get an Audigy2 ZS for sound.

Or drop the SLi and get a 7800GTX.

Comment

im not getting that system look at the link on the top. is it worth the price?

Comment

I would go with a no.

Comment

Working...
              X