Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a "Vehicle removal" mod.

Hey folks.

I was just looking for a mod that removes all vehicles from a level such as the city maps, say Mashtuur, sharqi peninsular and the great Strike on Karkand!!

I'm sick and tired of those whores who hog the APC/Tanks and just go about and wtfpwn everything. Its such an annoyance to the dedicated infantrists out there and I would like to "experiment" on how popular a server would be without these machines :P

Those maps are the only maps that offer the great infantry battles, and I'm looking for a mod to throw on a server so we can get those pesky M1a2/T90/LAV25/BTR crap out of the map.

Maybe its just me whos tired of using AT constantly, whats the general consensus like out there? You sick of the tanks too in Urban maps?

count me in. It wouldnt be totally realistic, but nothing in this game is anyways.

Comment

Maybe play Quake or Halflife or something without vehicles?

Whats the point of buying a game thats basically based 50% on vehicles otherwise ?

Comment

I think such a mod would be pointles. If a vehicle is omgpwning your team, your team is doing something wrong...

~Salad

Comment

Don't get me wrong i like vehicles on other maps, I just wish they were less accessable on Urban maps.

But yeah had some bad run ins tonight were I felt like I was the only one with AT.

Comment

Isnt there infantry only Servers...thought I heard that somewhere

Comment

Go Back to Quake

Comment

Originally posted by DU_is_good_4U
                Go Back to Quake

I think he wants the experience of blackhawk down, cqb type stuff that you may find in that awesome game whats it called, where you lead infantry in the streets and command two teams of 4. Not brothers in arms, the modern one set in middle east.

That is a sick game.

Comment

lol, just run from them or plant c4 on them. If they take a flag just take it back. Dont worry about it.

Comment

There is it's called quake, it would probably be just the game for people who agree with you.

Comment

WOuld you be talking about the tactical shooter Full Spectrum Warrior?

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomStalker
                        I think he wants the experience of blackhawk down, cqb type stuff that you may find in that awesome game whats it called, where you lead infantry in the streets and command two teams of 4. Not brothers in arms, the modern one set in middle east.

That is a sick game.

black hawk down (the actual mission and book) stated that there were 9 humvees involved. may not be a tank or APC, but it sure as hell wasnt infantry only. and some of the humvees had grenade launchers mounted on top of them.

also, i dont think they should eliminate vehicles but rather make a long respawn timer (say 5 minutes) so people cant just camp it and keep whoring them over and over.

its not the fact they are in city maps that piss me off, but the fact that even if you kill it, you can almost guarantee itll be back in under a minute or two

Comment

I'd play on said infranty severs if they were made.

BTW, don't know if you guys noticed, but Quake plays VERY differently to BF2, and I'd say you'd get a very different expirience.
                          BF2 has classes and isn't just pure deathmatch...it's like comparing Serious Sam to Counter-Strike ffs. You see any anti-gravity platforms or power-ups in BF2?

Oh yeah, Q3 is exactally like BF2, but with no vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by DU_is_good_4U
                            Go Back to Quake
                            Now thats just offensive, Quake sucks imho, Unreal Tournament ( the first one ) in Instagib mode > All :laugh:

Besides i was just wondering if this EXISTED, i wasn't whinning that EA should remove tanks or that people should stop using em, so why do you say "Go back to Quake"? Another "Out-of-ya-ass" comment that has no bearing whatsoever on this thread, noone forced your hand in here did they.

Friggin!

Comment

Dont think take out all vehicles just the armour, but really if you dislike it that much ... just go AT that's what I do.

Comment

Working...
                              X