Possible fix for rampant TK punishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible fix for rampant TK punishment

I've been thinking about this for awhile, and I know a lot of people have issues with the amount of tk punishment that is handed out. How about this, if you choose to forgive a tk, you get a point. I feel this would at least make people think about whether they should automatically punish after they just ran in front of a moving vehicle, or sprinted into a arty strike. Of course the stat exploit is always a problem, I feel this would greatly diminish auto punishments, plus it might make the people who dont push anything and end up giving a punishment by default pay a bit more attention. Thoughts?

I thought of that too, but somehow it would have to be limited as it would be very easy to stat pad exploit.

Comment

The easiest way to fix the problem is for EA to turn off FF by default.

Comment

It would just be exploited. Instead of people running in front of you to get you kicked off a server, they would do it to get points.

They should either get rid of the punish system entirely, or go with a weighted system. I've said this before, but I'll say it once more as it has been awhile. Basically, by default you get 50 points of tks you can have in a map (just a figurative number for the sake of having one). Now, if you are a commander and you TK someone, it is 4 points against for every tk. Jet pilots get 5 points against for every tk. Infantry gets 8 points against for every tk, etc etc. Once you breach 50, your kicked. It is alot easier to get unintentional tks as commander or a jet than it is on the ground. So I think you get the picture. And no, those points would not go against your global score, it's just there as a measurement of your tk damage.

But I doubt **** like that will ever change.

Comment

thats a good idea but then how bout nade spaming...
          can you imagine karkland, everyone would just chuck nades arround cause they know that they arnt going to get tks

-i think if you kill the same person twice you should lose 2 points, then lose 2 more points for every additional time you kill them

Comment

Working...
          X