Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolution question

Hi

Ive just upgraded my system to a sli 7800 setup ive got a pretty lame monitor but it does allow me to go up to resolutions of 1280 * 1024 although in battlefield the higest i can select is 1152 * 864 but when i select that it asks me to restart then it loads to the one bellow that.

Why cant i select 1280*1024 ??

BF2 doesn't support it in the options menu, but you can force it to 1280x1024. On your desktop, right click on your bf2 icon and hit properties. Make your target line look like this:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024

Basically just add "+szx 1280 +szy 1024" to the target line (w/o the quotations of course).

Comment

Wow, way to blow your load on a computer that is soon be getting its ass handed to it by an ATI Crossfire computer.

Comment

SLI, Crossfire, hell. You'll still be outpacing everyone with a single card setup. Congrats on the purchase.

Back to the topic: Thanks for the solution Nitemare, I think I'll run at 1280x1024 just to see if my system can handle it. :laugh:

Comment

Id never go with ATi anything anymore every single card i had with them caused me problems.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos
            Wow, way to blow your load on a computer that is soon be getting its ass handed to it by an ATI Crossfire computer.
            Too bad that wont be out for another 2 months.

Comment

um.. if you got money to spend on sli, why the hell you are not investing on a decent monitor? :O

Comment

Originally posted by djstubbs
                Too bad that wont be out for another 2 months.
                Too bad if you don't have the patience to wait 2 months then you're going to blow all your money on somethin that won't even be the best.

Comment

Can the fanboys please go home and the rest of us return to the original topic of resolutions? thanks.

Comment

im still paying for this monitor what a big mistake but 1280 by 1024 is good enough for me at the moment. Thanks for the tip i tried it and works a charm. Very smooth and looks great when i crack the AA up to 8x

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos
                      soon? you mean christmas :rofl: i mean if it even works, current ATI's are picky enough never mind crosseyed ones :rofl:

besides aint you heard of the power of 3? :evil: :rofl::rofl:

i have a single 7800gtx, so sli'd gains mucho respecto, nice 1 , also i have no problems running 1280x1024 res from command line

Comment

Originally posted by Bazrazmataz
                        im still paying for this monitor what a big mistake but 1280 by 1024 is good enough for me at the moment. Thanks for the tip i tried it and works a charm. Very smooth and looks great when i crack the AA up to 8x
                        ya tried the 8xs mode it AA's the full scene, make fences look scrummy lol :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                        X