Question for Fly boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Fly boys

I have recently getting a lot of tk's because when of killing guys who use stingers. It doesnt matter if it's a friendly or an enemy it shows as target for me. And i am used to see an x if it's a friendly and square box if it's an enemy. Well at the stinger i only see square boxes when someone is using it.
    Is it just me or have you also experienced ?

Stingers show as Boxes whenever anyone is in them. I only attack them If I hear a buzz like they are locking on me.

Comment

Yea ive done this when using Stingers and the AA Vehicle. you shoot missiles and somehow they intercept friendlies and blow them up. it sucks.

Comment

Well i mean they should correct that so you can correctly see when a friendly or foe is using it. I hate those tk's and i want to avoid them as much as i can.

Comment

I bomb ever stinger site... :evil:
          i dont give a flying fuc* whose in it, all of them are a threat to me :hmm:

Comment

All of these bugs and whatnot have been MAJOR problems with the bf2 gameplay and i have no idea why EA/Dice didnt fix this issue of friendlies showing up with red tags and stingers intercepting friendlies. These are two very big problems and should have been fixed in the very first patch. Lazy fatasses.

Comment

What you are seeing isn't a bug. When someone leaves a vehicle or mounted weapon and they are on your team, it will show as an enemy for a few seconds. Your teammate may have just been in the emplacement and evacuated it, then you thought it was an enemy and bombed it and he wasn't far enough away when your bombs hit him in the mullet.

Double check your minimap before you go bombing. I don't bother bombing bases that have my teammates in them, that's just asking for a tk or maybe even a few in one sitting. I only make that exception when I am damn positive I can hit my mark without hitting my teammates.

Comment

Hate it when the missile auto-matically follows any plane after it loses track of the first target. I got a few tk's that way.

Comment

I've had several instances of trying to take down a helo that was in a fight with a friendly helo, I shoot all my missles at it, 2-3 take it down, the rest go after the friendly. This really does suck, they should have a better lock system.

Comment

Originally posted by IVfluids
                    What you are seeing isn't a bug. When someone leaves a vehicle or mounted weapon and they are on your team, it will show as an enemy for a few seconds. Your teammate may have just been in the emplacement and evacuated it, then you thought it was an enemy and bombed it and he wasn't far enough away when your bombs hit him in the mullet.

Double check your minimap before you go bombing. I don't bother bombing bases that have my teammates in them, that's just asking for a tk or maybe even a few in one sitting. I only make that exception when I am damn positive I can hit my mark without hitting my teammates.
                    Well it happens to me not only once but i will say at least 10 times. And usually when i bomb a site i unleash 5 bombs right away. So i should have at least killed once the foe and one my teammates. But it hasn't happened.

Comment

I have had a few problems where I see a distant vehicle and it hasn’t yet come up saying it’s friendly. So I will be shooting at it, and as it gets closer I see it's my team mate.

Opps

Comment

All of these bugs and whatnot have been MAJOR problems with the bf2 gameplay and i have no idea why EA/Dice didnt fix this issue of friendlies showing up with red tags and stingers intercepting friendlies. These are two very big problems and should have been fixed in the very first patch. Lazy fatasses.
                        Missiles locking on friendly aircraft is also another big pain in the arse. I had a teammate shoot me down the other night after a lenghtly dogfight...well me trying to get away from him and not shooting back....if that counts as a dogfight.
                        He was a bit annoyed when I punished him
                        Just another dumb bug that shouldnt be there.

Comment

Seeing as I don't appear to have explained what I was talking about good enough, I made a small video for you so that you can have a visually reference as to what I am saying.

First I will tell you what you are going to see:

1) A shot of the playerlist, just me and RoadWarrior on the same team.

2) What appears to be an enemy AA nest

3) In a split second it goes friendly

4) In a split second it goes unfriendly

5) Playerlist again so that you can see that it is indeed just me and RoadWarrior, still

Click this link to watch the video: Video Here

Now, I will tell you what really happened. Roadie was in the AA nest and left it right before I could get a visually confirmation on my HUD and it shows the nest as unfriendly once the HUD picks it up, then he gets back in and it now displays as friendly, and then he leaves again right away and it shows as unfriendly again. You can see that Roadie was indeed there just by looking at my minimap and you know it was only him because we are the only two players in there.

When you are in a jet and in bombing mode, any vehicle or stationary weapon that is evacuated by your teammates will show up as unfriendly for about 2-3 seconds before it just stops displaying on your hud. You will see this effect quite often at your mainbase when people are using vehicles as taxis, they leave it for another vehicle and now your radar has you seeing what appears to be a friendly and unfriendly ass to crotch together. Recipe for disaster if you don't pay attention to your minimap.

It happens with every vehicle all the time, not just once in a while.

Comment

In the fighter bomber I am the crew I shoot a laser guided missle it misses the target and it hits friendlies

Comment

Working...
                            X