DDR Memory question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR Memory question

Im a bit confused by an issue I have noticed with a new stick of memory I added about a week ago , Memory in question is a cheap brand cpmpared to some other brands . Dane-Elec PC3200/400MHZ . I did have x2 sticks 512meg in my MSI K8T neo which when at post it told me I was running at 400MHZ , I added in another stick of 512meg = 1.5gig and taking up all three memory slots and now when my machine posts it only reports at 333MHZ . I think this has something to do with the CPU ( Athlon 64 3000 SKT 754 ) " syncing " the memory but Im just guessing now . Any help here guys and or gals would be a help , cheers

make sure that all the memory is actually running at DDR400 and not 333, cause your bios mught down clock your FSB to 166 to make it work, so if you want go into your bios and up your FSB to 200.

Comment

The Bios does report a FSB speed of 200 , thats whats confusing . All the memory is the same 3 sticks Dane-Elec PC3200/400mhz.

Comment

The maximum speed for three double sided memory sticks is 333mhz on your motherboard ( i have the same board). If you want 400 mhz use 2 sticks.

So if you want 400 mhz and 1,5 gb you have to by 1 gb.
        Look over here what combinations and what mhz is possible.

Btw, i cant see/feel difference between 333 or 400 mhz in Bf2.

Comment

Nice one m8 , I agree about not being able to see a speed difference but you can see the improved performance from 1 to 1.5gig when playing with the in-game settings .
          Thanx again Animal !

Comment

Working...
          X