easy type modding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easy type modding?

I used to be a mad coder for bf1942 (all the way up to importing vehicles and such) but i cant figure out how to simply changed the number of grenades or something. I have a new mod setup via bf2editor. But how do i change these simple things?

if you have set up the mod manager correcty, tutorial 3 i think,
    just edit the values in the bf2 folder like thing and it will acctually save them in your mod, confusing yes, but works

Comment

Don't waste your time with the editor for stuff like that.

Open your mod's objectsserver.zip and open "Objects_server.zip\Weapons\Handheld\ushgr_m67 " within the zip.

Open the .tweak file in notepad and look for this line:
      "ObjectTemplate.ammo.nrOfMags 4"
      The 4 is the amount of grenades.

Save the file to your desktop. (make sure you save as file type "all files" and insert your newly modded file back into the directory you took it from.
      Load up your game and test it out.

Comment

I have to agree with GlobalFear here. I too love conding small changes and did so in bfv and to a certain extent in bf42, when the bf2 editor came out i tried simple editing like that, but after about an hour without sucess i decided to go back to wordpad coding for simple stuf. I persume if you animate something or edit maps you'd use the editor however.

Comment

Working...
        X