No announcement yet.

computer help, i dont know what to get.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer help, i dont know what to get.

Right now I have the following,
    XFX Gforce FX5500 256MB
    1GB DDR333 PC2700 Ram
    Intel Celeron D @ 2.4GHz
    Now I have $400 to upgrade
    what should I get? I want to
    go with AMD over Intel
    Thanks in advance!!!!

Here is my motherboard,
    Buy EPoX EP-5ELA3I LGA 775 Intel 915PL ATX Intel Motherboard with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

EPoX EP-5ELA3I Mobo
    Thats in my computer now.

ur processor is fine. 2.4 ghz is more than enough. to play BF2. what u wana upgrade is ur Video CARD big time. like get a 6800 gt or a 6600.

Comment

Well Im gonna buy a new system in about a year and give this to my parents. So what If I buy a 6800GT and then put it in my new computer when I but it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger-
        Well Im gonna buy a new system in about a year and give this to my parents. So what If I buy a 6800GT and then put it in my new computer when I but it?

you could do that. but with 400 u can get a nice top of the line card like an x800

Comment

the celeron might bottleneck a x800 but yea, if ur plannin on giving that setup to ur rents anyways, and sticking the card in something newer, id say go ahead and buy a really nice vid card.

Comment

Get a 6800 GT right now, 300 dollars and then with the other 100 get another GB of ram.

Comment

i dont know about the processor, its a celeron, so even with a hich end graphics card it will not work as well.

Comment

Buy a 6800GT and 1GB of PC3200 Ram.

Comment

Bump up to a newer vid card. The 6800GT comes to mind BUT, your CPU might then become the bottleneck of your rig.

Comment

yeah but i can live with it for a year.

Comment

Working...
                    X