Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video codecs for WMP 10. Where can I get a bunch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video codecs for WMP 10. Where can I get a bunch?

Well. im tired of not being able to watch so many videos that people post and other stuff. where can i get a bunch of codecs that i can install? And how do i install them?

download the Divx newest codecs , thats the best one that i used. and if u want u can also download the Deivx Player. just google it

Comment

Instead of getting many codecs or codec packs, use one that handles most types.

I recommend trying FFDShow MPEG-4: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm

FFDSHOW is a DirectShow decoding filter for decompressing DivX, XviD, WMV, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 movies. It uses libavcodec from ffmpeg project for video decompression, postprocessing code from mplayer to enhance visual quality of low bitrate movies, and is based on original DirectShow filter from XviD, which is GPL'ed educational implementation of MPEG4 encoder.
      If you then install Real and QuickTime Alternative, you will be able to play .mov and .rm files too without using their players. Real and QuickTime Altnerative both install the same player called Media Player Classic and has many usefull features. Download available at same site as the FFDShow filter.

Comment

I use the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, never had a vid I coudnt play.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

alright. well. i'll try some of those. but what i really mean is like sometimes i download a "movie.wmv" and wmp 10 says it cant play the file. or sometimes it will play the movie, but it is all like pink and red and other weird colors..

i dont know why, but i'll give those other things you guys posted a try.

Comment

Originally posted by signa
            I use the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, never had a vid I coudnt play.
            yeah i use the klite codec pack too. never have a problem watching any vid i download. just make sure you get the right pack for yourself,there are several different packs, read and get the one that best suits you.

Download K-Lite Codec Pack 18.3.2 FULL, STANDARD and BASIC : K-Lite Codec Pack is a comprehensive selection of codecs

Comment

Working...
            X