Friggin' armor badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friggin' armor badge

I'm trying to get this stupid badge for the 2nd time, since the 1st time I got it, it didn't record for whatever reason. Now I'm obsessed with re-getting the damn thing.

I can get the 19 kills on Strike at Karkland map (by being a lame-ass tank camper), but this map never goes longer than 20 minutes! I've tried 32 player, 64 player, 48 players on 32 player map, etc. but this map never lasts more than 20 minutes, which is required for the badge. Are there any other ways to get this badge? Everything is so spread out on all the other maps that it's very hard (for me at least) to just get 10 tank/apc kills.

I don't even like tooting around in these vehicles, so this is getting really irritating...

This is your friend.

Comment

Uhh, I got mine on SaK, 64 player, but each team had around 300 tickets, it was awesome! I got 154 points and a gold medal.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerstorer23
        Uhh, I got mine on SaK, 64 player, but each team had around 300 tickets, it was awesome! I got 154 points and a gold medal.
        *cougharmorwhorecough*

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh G. Wrection
          I'm trying to get this stupid badge for the 2nd time, since the 1st time I got it, it didn't record for whatever reason. Now I'm obsessed with re-getting the damn thing.

I can get the 19 kills on Strike at Karkland map (by being a lame-ass tank camper), but this map never goes longer than 20 minutes! I've tried 32 player, 64 player, 48 players on 32 player map, etc. but this map never lasts more than 20 minutes, which is required for the badge. Are there any other ways to get this badge? Everything is so spread out on all the other maps that it's very hard (for me at least) to just get 10 tank/apc kills.

I don't even like tooting around in these vehicles, so this is getting really irritating...
          Try sitting in the tank while your a commander. I know this is lame but it works.

Comment

It's easy. It's called a bigger map. AKA clean sweep, kubra damn, a chinese map. Not that hard really.

Comment

Originally posted by joetomic
              Try sitting in the tank while your a commander. I know this is lame but it works.
              Are you sure this works for the armor badge? I think you have to get 19 kills *using* the tank/apc, don't you? At least that's what is says on all the FAQs, etc.

If it does work, well, I already feel like a huge douchebag being one of those tank/apc whores just trying to get this stupid medal.... but this is above and beyond that -- taking the *single* tank out of the action for the whole map just to sit in it as a commander. lol

Comment

I got like 30+ kills in one round in a tank on Sharqui Peninsula as MEC on a 32/32 server. It sure as hell felt longer than 20 minutes but the badge didn't show up. I'd just go to the first contested flag and start killing. When my health got down to around 50%, I'd start moving out of the city to the field by the arty and repair, then move back in.

Comment

Originally posted by perry
                  I got like 30+ kills in one round in a tank on Sharqui Peninsula as MEC on a 32/32 server. It sure as hell felt longer than 20 minutes but the badge didn't show up. I'd just go to the first contested flag and start killing. When my health got down to around 50%, I'd start moving out of the city to the field by the arty and repair, then move back in.
                  Yeah, that's the problem -- finding maps that last at least 20 minutes.

Comment

Yeah, I wish they dropped the time limits down on some of the awards.

Comment

I cant fly worth crap, so if wanted to I could be an ass and hog an attack helo or jet for a round and just arty everything, but I hate people that do that already. SO I'll just have to get better at flying and get it legit.

Comment

Got mine on dragon valley as PLA, got around 30 kills, snook behind enemy lines and camped behind theyr carrier and went eating. When i came back the round was i over, i went to doggunns site and tada! Armoured service ribbon

Comment

I just realized I typed the wrong subject, btw. I mean armor *ribbon*, not armor badge. The armor badge is ridiculously easy, it's the ribbons with the "maps lasting longer than 20 minutes" requirement that are so frustrating.

Originally posted by PBAsydney
                          Got mine on dragon valley as PLA, got around 30 kills, snook behind enemy lines and camped behind theyr carrier and went eating. When i came back the round was i over, i went to doggunns site and tada! Armoured service ribbon
                          Errr, I'm not following you. You parked your APC and went to have a snack? What is dogguns site?

Comment

Would have fought all the time, but it was dinner time, so i parked it on the far site of the enemy carrier (in the water, i was in an APC)

Comment

Working...
                            X