Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank Screen

hey everyone, im new to the forums,

I have been having a problem with battlefield 2 for a few days now, everytime i open it, it loads up but i cant acctaully see anything my monitor just goes blank but i can still hear the suff in the background saying "EA Games" etc. it worked perfectly before and i am not sure why it is doing this, my pc specs are:

amd 3000xp+
    radeon 9800xt
    1 gig ram

any help will be greatly appreciated

*bump* come on guyz i need help =(

Comment

i had this same problem in bf1942, i updated my drivers for my graphics cards and it worked again. dont kno if it will work for bf2 tho. i have an ati card too so we might have had the same problem

Comment

could be a currupt file or due to the patch. i suggest you reinstall the game. cause what im thinking of is messy

Comment

Try uninstalling your video (ATI) drivers using add/remove programs. Then download and run DriverCleaner3 (http://www.drivercleaner.net) per his instructions. Then install the latest drivers (5.7) from ATI: www.ati.com/support/

Comment

i just had this same exact problem after i reinstalled bf because of another problem i was having. i updated my drivers again to 5.7 and it worked.

Comment

i think its now well documented that both on this forum, and many others that ATI cards have minds of their own,
              have you swore at it lately or abused it in some way?
              try sweet talking it, or promise it a driver downgrade..(ATI seemingly dont know how to upgrade with drivers as they seem to cause more problems than they fix)

sorry for the sarcasm but without more info about what you may have done to your system im bewildered with an array of possibilities of what it may be..

Comment

Working...
              X