No announcement yet.

distorted textures and disappearing objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Havent clocked it...runs stock speed aand it used to work fine!

Comment

You got the 5.6 driver? Or as people have said above heat? Or Power Supply could be a number of things?

Comment

Leadtek GT 6600 Extreme

Could it be that it is too high factory-clocked?

Comment

Maybe, or a glitch in the game most likely, latest Force ware???

Comment

Tried 77.77, 77.76, 77.74 (or .75)

Going crazy, thinking about RMA this suxxer

Comment

Originally posted by ragor
              When i first got the game it ran relatively smooth with the occasional hiccup and fps drop. So to fix this i decided to update the drivers...from an earlier omega drivers to ati catalyst 5.7.

i ran battlefield and after a short time objects such as tanks and trees started to disappear or blink. then the texture of buildings, grass and vehicles changed to a multi colored mess which made gameplay difficult.

i rolled back to the previous drivers then tried newer omega drivers and attempted using the 2.5.6 ngo drivers. all showing the same problem
              i also tried reinstalling battlefield 2 and tweaking with the settings all to no avail

Pentium 4 2.80c
              1.5gb pc3200 ram
              gigabyte radeon 9800 pro
              help. thx

It is a known issue with ATI, set textures and geometries to medium. ATI is aware and is currently working on a fix for this problem.

Comment

Stick with Leadtek certified one on there website and wait for the patch to come out. Or you gcould try Rivatuner and lower the clock and memory settings a touch and see if that makes a difference.

Comment

Will try man.

Comment

moral of the story....allways make sure you clean out the "dodgy" drivers properly before instaling the newer/original ones again..ohh and dont buy ATI cards not least till the new ones come out :laugh:

awaits the backlash of the ATI fanboys wrath

Comment

Working...
                    X